16-Channel USB3.2 Logic Analyzer

I really designed this as an exploration of whether it was possible - and I’m happy that so many people were excited about it.
That being said, it’s definitely not the most practical design ever and I doubt it’ll ever exist outside of a few prototypes. If you want a practical logic analyzer in your framework laptop, an FX2-based solution seems far better. Maybe I’ll explore something like that in the future.

1 Like

Are the board files for this published anywhere?

Design files are here → GitHub - JackToaster/framework_logic_analyzer: 16 channel USB 3 Logic analyzer expansion card for Framework laptop

1 Like

If someone wanted to do a group buy (most PCB making places require minimum 3-5) that’d be awesome. Would be happy to be a part of it.

I also can make all of the holders, have a nice shiny new IDEX 3D printer that can bang them out pretty quick.

Anyone?

I’m considering getting some, however I would just do the PCBs, I’m not up to investing in and assembling a whole batch

I’d be in for one.

Cool to see people are interested in this again. I haven’t taken a close look at this project in a while, but since then I’ve designed/built two other expansion modules and I would probably take a second shot at this design before ordering it myself.
If I have some spare time to redo this design I’ll definitely share the results.

2 Likes

I’m happy to just get the PCB, I can print up my own case easily, provided I have the STLs.

Happy to print up a case for others that might need it as well, if they don’t have a 3D printer but still want this.