After upgrading to the new bios 3.03, my laptop Framework 16 stopped running

After upgrading to the new bios 3.3, my laptop Framework 16 stopped running. The bios starts, but the system does not. If you disable fast loading, it freezes at this stage. If the download is fast, it’s just a black screen. Please, help. How understand what the problem is, or how downgrade the BIOS. Thanks!!!

You are welcome. help. The computer cannot be used. I tried to install the system again (ubuntu) - everything is the same. As long as you work with her, everyone is fine. When you try to reboot, everything breaks. Freezes even before the OS is loaded.

The study showed that this computer can only work with the Gnome 3 environment - it cannot work with any other display managers - it just turns everything off. The download is not possible. It’s horrible.

Hi Alex,

after the BIOS-Update did you set it to default settings? Did you check your internal SSD?

I am running Kubuntu 24.04 with BIOS 3.03 and don’t have these Problems.

I just installed the system without Gnome, on LightDM, since I only work on cinnamon, and this is the standard for it. yes, I just have a black screen on it when I reboot. It took me a long time to figure out that the computer does not work if the LightDM display manager is without gnome3. As soon as I install gnome 3 - restart without failures, the system loads. But it took me a long time to figure out what the problem was.

When you try to boot, does the screen display anything else at all, before it stops?

Do the Bios hotkeys work? F2, F12

Was “quick boot” and “quiet boot” enabled in your BIOS settings?

My system freezes if I press F12 while booting

If your system is freezing when you try to enter the F12 menu, try enabling both “quick boot” and “quiet boot” in your BIOS settings. As of BIOS 3.03, there is a bug that causes freezes when pressing F12 with those disabled.

Maybe this thread can help you:

It hung dead, no buttons worked. Yes - of course with different settings. Bios does not affect the hang. Only changing the display manager helped.

Yes, thanks. this solution would have helped me, I solved the problem in a similar way, but I still couldn’t get the work done with lightdm. So I’m staying on Gnome 3 - well, at least that way.