AMD Batch 8 Guild

Quick question.
What are the opinions DDR5 4800 or 5600?

Got already the mail for the bath 8!

Careful! There are threads going around with a lot of people having issues with DDR5 RAM under 5600. I would look at what Framework uses and try to find something comparable/similar to that.

1 Like

Definitely get 5600. 5200 is confirmed to pretty much not work at all, and 4800 seems to be a very mixed experience between working mostly fine, getting lots of crashes and not even booting. Of course if you have 4800 sticks already for some reason they might be worth a try before buying 5600, but be aware that any crashes or bluescreens or other issues might be caused by them.

That’s exactly what I did. I was originally planning to include RDDR5 RAM (2 x 8GB) in my order, but soon after, I saw a deal that worked out around the same price to get 2 x 16GB of Crucial RAM, so I ended up going for that. Had to double-check that it was the 5600 and not the 4800 or the 5200.

Does stepping make a difference?
Currently looking at:

Crucial SO-DIMM 32GB, DDR5-5600, CL46-45-45

vs

Kingston FURY Impact SO-DIMM 32GB, DDR5-5600, CL40-40-40

Only 5€ more :wink:

Batch seven credit cards have started to be charged!

4 Likes

Faster timings, more better XD.

For most workload the difference is low single digit percentages but for 5bucks you might as well get the fastest available.

Also from my recent testing, ram speed and timings does not seem to make significant power consumption differences.

Everyone that has crucial 2x16 for less than $100 is backordered Q_Q.

Batch 7 is shipping, it looks like a few people are going to have them arriving today! I’m hoping our batch is very close now.

4 Likes

I have just being charged!!!

DIY 7840 no ssd, no RAM

Located in Spain.

2 Likes

Payment method got charged. I’m located in Ontario, Canada.

1 Like

Just got charged in FR too!

Just got charged in DE!

1 Like

I also just got charged (also in DE)

Me too im DE

Not yet charged, US.

1 Like

I also got charged a few minutes ago | Germany

The chargement email arrived me too, shipment in Italy

Not yet in Australia :disappointed: