Announcing the Framework Marketplace

Y’all need to chill with the JavaScript :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

@ctl, Not to be pushy, but when do you all think you will be accepting 3rd party modules in your marketplace? Or would it be better for you guys to have a 3rd party showcase with links to like Tinde/Amazon etc?

2 Likes

On the contrary, I really enjoy the spinning “back to top” and little view bubble. I think that all too often websites go down the path of minimalism which starts to blend them all together into one blur. Bring on the fun creative stuff!

11 Likes

This is SO DAMNED COOL. Thank you!

1 Like

Will a Cyrillic keyboards be added?

3 Likes

Yep, Japanese is one that requires additional tooling, so we don’t have it ready yet. It is on the roadmap though. Additional languages will come later.

8 Likes

Wohooooo​:partying_face::partying_face: do you have any plans of a Danish/Swedish/Nordic keyboard?

1 Like

@FaultedBeing, I believe we’ve resolved the error you posted in the screenshot above. While the error message is correct in that we’re requiring marketplace orders and laptop pre-orders to be separated, it shouldn’t have appeared with only one item in your bag.

Feel free to try again and let us know if you are still having an issue.

2 Likes

I would love the option to purchase just one of the three parts of the power adapter package at a time.

4 Likes

Congrats! @ctl, In case it was missed, the ANSI blank keyboard version is missing the price currently (from both the catalog page and the product page):

2 Likes

Seems like the English International Keyboard is the ISO standard, but the English International Input Cover is the ANSI standard. Was that by accident?

1 Like

Is there a roadmap shared somewhere or is it something that will remain internal to Framework?

3 Likes

@speckledsea - Good catch! It’s now updated.

3 Likes

I didn’t see this before, thank you! The clear keyboard certainly is tempting! While I personally think the keyboard already feels great, would this allow for (budget allowing) different switches? More curious about the possibility, not that I want to use something else!

1 Like

It caught me by surprise how very slick everything felt! I think they did a great job with optimizing it here without making the design fundamentally unfamiliar for touch screen (mostly mobile) users.

1 Like

Oh wow! I think this is the only computer store company that has part by part market place in your face. I love it!

3 Likes

There’s going to be a lot of Theseus Frameworks before long.

8 Likes

The idea of this is part of the reason I love the idea of the framework laptop so much. Over the last decade, my desktop has saved me absurd amounts of time and money because it can be and is a total ship of theseus. I’m so glad that reality has been brought to laptops, and I’m especially grateful that Framework continues to follow through on their promises and champion their ideals through their actions, as they’ve done with the marketplace.

Seriously, all the love and praise for the @Framework team!

9 Likes

It only makes sense that this option be available for laptops as well.

Even though I don’t need them, I’m thinking about buying a bunch of spare parts just because to support it!

4 Likes

Which parts are available?

5 Likes