AX210 performance in POP OS

Hello all,
I have a question about the AX210 cards performance in Linux. While everything connects and works fine I’ve found that the speeds are consistently slower than other devices connected to the same access points including my phone and my wife’s iPad. I am connecting to either a Synology router or a Synology mesh router set up as an access point.
It also seems that the signal strength indicator doesn’t show the level I would expect being within 10 ft of the router. I would expect to see full bars and I almost never do.

Are there any settings that I can try?

Thanks.

I am also seeing significantly less speed on my Framework Laptop on wifi than on my phone in the same spot. On https://librespeed.org/ I see about 5-10 Mbps on my Framework Laptop and about 20-40 Mbps on my Huawei P20 Pro. I saw the same on my old laptop, the Dell XPS 15 9560, which got similar speeds the Framework Laptop gets now.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I guess we’re the only two with the problem… :grinning:

I had pretty similar rough network speeds on Pop!_OS 22.04 - purging and reinstalling the wifi drivers fixed it.

1 Like

That sounds like it’s worth a shot. Thanks.

It seems I get pretty high speeds just after reconnecting. I get about 15 Mbps in a place where it usually is stable at around 1.5 Mbps. Could there be something wrong with the protocol that negotiates a transmission speed with the router to ensure a reliable connection? I don’t know much about how that works, but that’s what came to mind.