11th Gen BIOS 3.07 + Windows 10 and (11 Alpha) driver bundle

I also got my laptop in batch 2, am well past the “honeymoon period”, and I also understand that Framework are waiting on Insyde to get them the patch and waiting on Intel to certify the Thunderbolt. There are many moving parts and Framework is trying to handle everything as best they can. All your issues are valid, and I’m sure that Framework would like to fix them as well, but they have made the decision to wait for this patch. I would like to hear a bit more on why they can’t release other fixes in an interim firmware update while they wait for Insyde, but I trust there is a good reason that they haven’t.

4 Likes

I would also like to add other problems too

1. Laptop restarts while on sleep / Windows 11 BSoD: Bug Check 0x9F
  2. 1TB expansion card disconnects randomly
  3. CPU gets stuck at 0.2 GHz
1 Like

I think at least Framework could/should communicate better on what is causing the hold up and what the release plans are.

1 Like

This is getting nowhere…

Confirmed. Charged overnight to 100%

• Red flashing in the morning
  • Unplug and immediately plug in again > Light white
  • ???

I’m really not sure how they can do it better. As is noted here and in other locations on the forum the ball is still in Insyde’s court.

1 Like

Further to the above, if this about the pending 3.08 then maybe better to go to that topic. Here is a post from Framework 4 days ago

I’m not good with tenses (vs “is taking”)…does that mean step 1 completed, and it’s now onto step 2? Or is it still pretty much with Insyde?

Good point but I understand the taken as mening taking and used to add weight to the object and move the focus from the one who is waiting.

It has taken (objective)
It is taking (subjective)

Mind you I was always bottom at English but not a complete idiot, I think :slight_smile:

I’m not able to determine whether step 1 completed or not base on my interpretation of the sentence.

Time took / used in the past for a task pretty much remains taken however we phrase it…but it has no indication on task completion status.

Can a native speaker interpret whether it’s now with Framework, or still with Insyde? Or is it undetermined?

I interpret it as ongoing.

From the link:

"## What Is the Present Perfect Tense? (with Examples)

The present perfect tense describes an action that began in the past (despite being a present tense). For example:

• John has taken Sarah’s advice.
  • They have fixed the fence.

Often, the action being described is still continuing into the present (e.g., John continues to take Sarah’s advice). This is how the present perfect tense differs from the simple past tense."

1 Like

I need to go back to school.

(In the “They have fixed the fence.” example…is the fence fixed?)

This is doing my head in, all over again.

I’m pretty sure “They have fixed the fence” means they’ve, just now, finished fixing the fence (but it took a while)

Hehe, English is [not particularly] fun.

There will be a quiz on this tomorrow morning. Be prepared.

3 Likes

3.09 Beta is now available here: BIOS 3.09 Beta release

3 Likes