Fedora Linux Lag

Hi all! I am a dummy with Linux at this moment, so I don’t know how to explain it the best. I have sudden moments (2 so far, weeks apart) where the lag is incredible under even low load (4gb/32gb ram and 11% cpu usage), it will take about 5-10 seconds for the computer to even register I am moving the mouse. What could cause this? Is it a virus or just a quirk with running Linux? I haven’t downloaded any bad programs, just always worried. Thanks

Did you find a solution for your problem?

I have the same issue, but my lag is about 1-2 seconds. Everything lags, the mouse, video, audio, microphone and software. It happens about once a week and I can’t figure out why. Even if I close all applications it continues and only goes back to normal after a reboot.

System monitor shows some CPU activity in the resource tab, but in processes it is basically 0%.

I managed to pull up journalctl -f while the lag was happening, and it is the same error that other people have encountered. Something with the GPU, I am not smart enough to understand what’s going on

Thank you, that seems to be the exact issue I have. Good to know I’m not the only one.