Frame.work desktop setups?

I don’t mean that they’ll look for certification online, I’m more leaning to the idea that certification might have the device look for some form of “note” or something where it interfaces with the host. Some identifier that the device can “read” that states that the host is TB, an identifier that only exists when the device gets certified.

The dock I am using (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QBM87KS/) is a USB-C dock not a thunderbolt dock, so I don’t think it is a thunderbolt spec issue.

2 Likes

A little off-topic, but just noticed that the Visiontek VT4500 pointed out by @Kronik looks like a rebranded version of (or at least very similar to) the Wavlink WL-UG69PD6.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter. It’s a USB bridge and not a Thunderbolt bridge.

For Thunderbolt it would be significant because Intel requires each company to apply for using the thunderbolt protocol (a bit over the board) before they will supply them with the controllers.

1 Like

As my desktop died I have been using the Framework as my main computer. I have been using it with a Razer Core X Chroma, a 980 TI, and a 1080p TV. I have a keyboard (Moonlander) and trackball plugged in via the Core X.

It works well, but suspend and wake require one to unplug and re-plug each time, which messes up window placement and is genuinely annoying, as it re-triggers another charging cycle when the battery is already full. I’m on Windows 10. If anyone has found a solution to the suspend and wake issues it would be awesome to hear it.

2 Likes