Framework 16 Dimensions

This aged so badly! :joy:

1 Like

It’s 4cm more depth with GPU than my Omen 15. (which is 15,6 inch)

This one just fits 2 work backpacks I have. One expensive one with a sideways slot from Ridgemont with a lot of pockets, very durable. I work as an IT coordinator (I should be a pedagogical one but ended up being mostly the technical one) in schools so super handy and already at the verge of being too big. I’m female so I feel like pulling an elephant on my back sometimes. :face_with_peeking_eye:My Omen just fits in. And I have a bad back.

I have another cheaper one, probably also won’t fit. With a slot in the backpack from the side up. The Ridgemont is water resistent and can take a hit. I need to cross playgrounds sometimes during heavy rain. I end up in uncomfy small places so my backpack can hit things.

It won’t fit my 16 inch sleeve either. Which is now a tad too big.

So it’s huge for me. My Omen is heavy as hell (2.5 kg) and it’s probably the same weight. The charger from my Omen is also a murder weapon though :face_with_peeking_eye::joy:.

I was hoping for something lighter as my Omen is from 2017 I think. I’m tired of carrying so much weight around. I mostly use an external screen.

I need lots of open browser tabs, intune/entra management, Outlook, OneNote, helpdesk, whatsapp all
open at the same time. Sometimes Da Vinci Resolve, Illustrator, virtual machine… I’m wondering if a pro 13 would do for me?
(Now i7, 16gb ram, 1tb ssd, GTX1060 gpu.)
I’m not sure about the internal videocard. Anyone can advise me?

Amazon.es? coliid=I3BM3L056BC9G5&colid=3LFK46XUXUWO6&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I usually use that shoulder bag to carry my laptop, do you think it will be enough for the framework 16?

Doubtful. It lists internal dimensions of 38 x 27cm, and the Framework 16 is 35.6 x 29.0cm (with the graphics module installed).

Well, now you should consider the XPS 16 ;).

But I checked as soon as the XPS 16 came out. The FW16 is actually not bad at all despite the chin it has. It has very similar dimensions, but it is just a bit “longer” towards the back. That is actually something that even in a train or so when on the move shouldn’t be so bad.

And some people mentioned that the chin also does elevate the screen, making the viewing angle slightly better for posture - also true.

But yeah, the truth remains the same. If you want ultimate portability with large screens, then you should stay in the XPS line or similar, but certainly avoid laptops with a gigantic chin. :wink:

I’m slightly late to this, but I’m trying to find the dimensions of the actual rear expansion bay module, specifically how thick it is.