Framework gadget and stickers

There are some stickers freely available ?
And there are some gadget to buy ?
I know it is expensive but I think it could spread the mark, and people love stickers :slightly_smiling_face:

Probably it is not the main goal now but in the future why not.

8 Likes

Either the Team, or somebody in the community, should take this up. Moo, VistaPrint and several specialized label printing companies are just waiting for the order. You’d need to get vector graphics of the logo from the team, and do something creative with it.

1 Like

A “Built not Bought” sticker with the Framework logo would be sick!

14 Likes

I would love a couple stickers. I usually throw them on things I carry frequently. My water bottle has my lock pick logo from Sparrow. This would go well opposite that

1 Like

Making one wouldn’t be too difficult. I use Sticker Mule and they’re pretty good at cleaning it up. I just need a good vector or high-res raster to submit.

1 Like

Frame.work doesn’t allow uploads of svg vector graphics, so here’s a link

Hope it works for you.

3 Likes

Looking through the frame.work html, here’s a direct link to an svg file of the logo and namemark (https://frame.work/packs/media/application/images/logo-cb1daa15860ac01e40ee0b1d0d71641d.svg) - it may be invisible at first because it is white on a white background, but opening in inkscape, selecting all, and picking a color should make it appear

6 Likes

Wish I knew about this svg earlier when I was making backgrounds for the 3:2 wallpaper forum thread

Perhaps you should check with @nrp that he is happy for you to create stickers using their logo. I imagine he may be but I assume the logo is trademarked and it may depend upon how you intend to use it. (I am a (non-US) retired lawyer!)

If you’re creating stuff for personal use or non-commercial sharing with friends, feel free to go ahead.

10 Likes

I made some mockups of T-shirts with built not bought and the logo on it. Honestly I might order myself one.

6 Likes

Printful is my go-to for making personal T-shirts of designs non-commercially!

1 Like

It’s a good saying, but a bit of a misnomer.

The majority of the unit is bought.

I was thinking more along the line of the pricing commercial

Frame.Work Laptop - $900
My parts - $500
My time - cheap
Repairability - PRICELESS

(arbitrary $ used)

5 Likes

What about

I built my own laptop!
Thank you, Frame.Work!

Edit: May have to be limited to DIY buyers :thinking:

For those to whom this particular mission is part of the reason to support Framework…

15 Likes

@A_L

Sweet, especially love the dots on the i’s. Attention to detail is everything.

@ImaxinarDM :slight_smile: sed -i ‘s/circle/torx/g’ original.txt

4 Likes

@nrp time to cash in on some merch sales. :sweat_smile:

I’m having some 3" circle stickers printed.

Hey everyone, I went ahead and made a T-Shirt for myself on Teespring.

Huge thanks to @A_L for their T-Shirt mockup that inspired my final design. Since I do not want to make money on the design as it’s not my logo or company, I have made an Imgur post that has all the photos you would need to make your own merch. One thing that I think could be improved on is that the vertical “right to repair” text could have a version of the photo that already has the framework logo implemented on it.

I also made a mockup for a face mask, but I think I can make a better one, so I’ll check out other design sites before I settle on buying one (if anyone knows of any sites, please let me know!)

Thank you @nrp for giving us permission to use the logo to make merchandise for personal use. I know that the company’s main goal right now is getting the current laptop batches shipped out, as well as opening the marketplace and opening shipping to other countries, but official framework merchandise would be awesome! It would allow people who can’t afford a laptop to still be able to financially support the company, and it serves as free promotion for those of us that wear it proudly.

I’m excited to hear what you all think of this!

Edit - I could not find the exact font that the framework logo uses, so I settled on using Kinetika Semi Bold which looked close enough to me.

Edit #2 - I went ahead and made the face mask. You can buy one with white text here and one with black text here. I am making no profit off of these, as you can see below.

Hopefully with open access to all the photos I used to design the product, as well as with no profits being made off of these sales, it is okay to post a pre-made listing. I only put it up so that people can purchase one conveniently instead of having to design it themselves. If this is against the rules however, I will promptly take it down.

7 Likes