[Merged] Freezing issues

Hi all. Using a Framework purchased ~April and had a freezing issue for several months. Running Fedora 35/36 (issue not resolved with upgrade)

Description: Laptop will freeze, requiring reboot to unfreeze. If playing music, music loops in buffer for ~1sec. Sometimes at point of freeze the screen also has about half the pixels go crazy (i.e. black, green, etc.), though I think this is probably a sideeffect of a freeze during a screen refresh. kdump captures nothing and nothing is writing to the Fedora logs.

Three situations
[1] When I type heavily, sometimes it will freeze
[2] Although I have turned off all forms of shutdown, hibernation, sleep, etc., it will sometimes go into a freeze when left alone for a bit
[3] If I use the laptop on the lap, rather than desk, freeze is common. Might be related to [1].

I do have a WD SN850 (which has shown some SSD disconnect issues in the forums, link) but I am not sure how to confirm that this part of the hardware is the issue. Bios is up to date, I believe the firmware is up to date as well but I am unsure how to confirm

This is really aggravating. I really love all other aspects of the Framework. My colleague, who also has the same model and OS, is not seeing any kind of issue like this.

What do you suggest?

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hard freezing on Fedora 36 with the new 12th gen system

This needs to be merged with the existing thread.

Please run:

sudo grubby --update-kernel=ALL --args="psr=0"

Future replies in the same thread please.