[Idea] A spacer the size of the full keyboard/trackpad

I tend to find uses for my laptop where I want to show my screen to someone but not have the input available to them (mainly special needs students).

I have a small wireless keyboard/trackpad that I use if I need to change something, but some of the youth I deal with have a lot of trouble with restraint when theres so many buttons in front of them.

Hi

You can disconnect the keyboard via the internal cable or use the software to disable the keyboard.

Is this for the 13" or 16" ?

Disconnecting the keyboard and or trackpad would be the easiest option. Are you on Windows 11, or a Linux distro? You may be able to just disable them in software.

If a non-working keyboard and trackpad would be upsetting for some of the students, perhaps add an adhesive vinyl sheet over them to put them out of sight & remove the expectation that there are controls. Adhesive vinyl sheets are available in a multitude of colors.

Disconnecting them might help. I’m on windows 11.

The students have less of a care what the buttons do and more of a desire to just push them which can mess with whatever we’re trying to show them.

Touchpad

Keyboard

Press Win+X and select Device Manager from the list.
Find Keyboards and expand it.
Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable.
If there is no Disable option listed, click Uninstall.
Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.