Input Cover nuts

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get the hexnut for the input cover? Mine was broken by a repair shop who refused to take responsibility. Support wasn’t useful and kept directing me to the fasteners kit which does not include the hexnuts.

Thanks

Unfortunately, this isn’t a part that is sold by Framework. Your only options are either to source a third-party one yourself or to buy a new input cover.

From the picture is it the plastic surround that has snapped and hence the brass insert isn’t being held. If so and you have the brass insert you maybe able to fix it back. There is a topic/post on that.

If it’s the insert that is broken you can get any ‘correct’ size bolt and affix that to the chassis.

See

1 Like

That socket where the nut goes is broken off like @amoun pointed out.

The replacement part for the Framework Laptop 13 is this one (for English US)

Is the Framework Laptop 16 input cover that is the one part that is not available from Framework as a separate part? I vaguely remember someone else having a similar issue and they could not buy just the input/top cover as it was not on the Framework parts website. Every other cover is available as an orderable part (top cover, bottom cover, FW13 input cover) just the Framework Laptop 16 one just gets the odd-colored sheep treatment?

As a side effect, you will have an extra touchpad and keyboard maybe you can sell them on the forum Marketplace?

1 Like