Laptop Beeping at wake

Hi all,
I’ve been using my new machine (12th gen 1280p, 32 GB RAM from Framework, p600 nvme ssd from me) for a few days, and I’ve encountered a specific issue twice now. I have not yet been able to reliably reproduce this issue, but it seems that when the laptop has been closed for a while (some number of hours), when it wakes up (when I open it) it emits a loud beeping: 4 sets of 2 beeps, that are high-pitch. I have never encountered a machine that does this, and I don’t know where to even start diagnosing this. Anybody have any ideas? I’m running Fedora Workstation 36. I’ve replaced the default power profiles manager in Gnome with TLP, and in theory, have enabled deep sleep.

1 Like

I wonder if you’re experiencing something like this:

I’ll give that a shot and see if it fixes anything, but even if it does, any ideas on why it’s beeping in the first place? This is happening (sometimes) upon wake from sleep, not boot. (It may happen at boot too, but I’ve only rebooted two or three times so far so there’s insufficient datat to be able to tell).

More info here, (yes, it’s Arch…but applicable info):
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PC_speaker

That still doesn’t really explain why it’s happening, and why it’s happening only sometimes. It does provide more info on how to disable the beep though, so thanks for that!