Linux Distro Survey - Framework Laptop 13

KDE Neon.

I’ve added Linux Distros as tags under Framework Laptop 13 - Linux and Framework Laptop 16 - Linux subcategories. Right now, we do not have many threads under these tags but in the future it should help us filter distro specific issues and guides. If you have any threads under these subcategories, you can edit your post and add the correct distro for your topic if you want to help. Thank you!!

4 Likes

Linuxers are far more inquisitive and tinkering. Hey, being able to do that is part of the appeal for many of us. No surprise here, and no indication that Linux runs less good than the competition (if you can ignore that itch, that is… :slight_smile:

I’m on openSUSE Tumbleweed (far too little known if you ask me). Don’t want to crosspost; the reasons and experiences are here.

Other: BlendOS but right now It’s not very stable

I just made the switch from windows to Ubuntu 24.04. I’m dual booting for the moment as I’m not as familiar with Linux just yet. If I’m still daily driving Linux in a few months I’ll delete the windows partition.

1 Like

I have a Q3 Batch 2 FW13 pre-ordered. When it comes in, I’m going to use Fedora because that is what the forum members have suggested and it is officially supported.

On my current laptops, I’m running Ubuntu, but I’m going to make the switch to Fedora for the FW13.

Other: Aurora (KDE version of Bluefin)
I wasn’t sure if I should click Bluefin or other!

MX Linux 23.3 - KDE Plasma

One more vote for Void Linux here. Had issues like everyone else at first, but since it is kinda recent on firmware and kernel updates they disappeared within weeks and now my setup is rock solid for more than a year.

1 Like

Other: Solus.

1 Like

Other: Void

Many of these are essentially the same distro.
Void Linux and Solus OS are two distros that should get some attention.

My tip to you is that you wait maybe more like a year to do that. Desktop Linux is awesome until it isn’t. One update hoses your system and you can’t figure out a way back, or there is a piece of hardware or software you have to use and Linux is a no go.

Desktop Linux is making progress, but it isn’t completely there yet unless you are willing to make several compromises with your computing.

I didn’t answer this initially. I have probably switched distros and OSes over 40 times on my Framework 13 going back to the initial 11th gen launch.

I wanted desktop Linux to work but it always ended up giving me problems no matter how stable I could make etc. My stupid need to have hibernation be a thing seems to introduce a lot of issues in the desktop Linux world.

For that reason I move back to Windows a lot. Currently I’m on Windows and for now in conjunction with Ubuntu 24.04 through WSL2 I’m content. Trust me I’m keeping my eye open for when desktop Linux gets some more paid development its way. It is already so close in many ways, and so far in others.

Other: Gentoo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hardcore.

Fedora Silverblue

Other - not Linux but OpenBSD

1 Like

Debian

1 Like

Fedora Kinoite

Fedora

I use Fedora because it’s officially supported, but I’d love to try Mint (also LMDE) and POP!_OS someday :slightly_smiling_face: