Looking at buying this RAM for dual-channel in 16, Is this a bad idea?

Hey all. I’m looking to run Linux above kernel 6.5 (Solus) on the Framework 16 and am looking to purchase some RAM. I have read that dual-channel ram has higher (quicker) performance than single channel, and I’m looking at this option on Amazon:

Does anyone more knowledgeable about this see any red flags with my plan and choice here?

here’s a link to the thread where people have been listing the ram they bought: [DDR5 ONLY] RAM Survey - Framework Laptop 13 (AMD Ryzen 7040 Series) and Framework Laptop 16 DIY

Looks like that is on the list a few times. I’ve always had good luck with GSkill and have the 2x32GB kit sitting on my desk waiting on it.

1 Like

Nope, looks like a good choice. 32GB is a solid total amount of memory for vast majority of uses. Unless you’re doing things with giant files, lots of virtual machines, etc you should be fine.

1 Like

Thanks to you and @Curtis_Carter for your responses. I pulled the trigger and ordered the sticks. I’m planning on running just a couple virtual machines when necessary, but 32GB should be plenty of room for my use cases.

Curtis, I took your recommendation of GSkill to heart. I’ve had positive experiences with them in the past, too, and you reminded me of that.

Cheers to both of you, and looking forward to slotting these sticks into their channels.

1 Like