Main logic board schematic and board view

The Framework team has hinted at it in interviews, but it seems like the limiting factor is they don’t hold full rights to all the IP since they worked closely with various manufacturing partners to get the laptop to market quickly.

3 Likes

Hello No schematics and no BRD you can dream to have the help from electrotech and small shop whitout this data a MacBook Pro are more fixable, for me, than your computer (that’s stupid, you miss the goal)
On Macbook USB-C IC is shit to fix (maybe to put the IC on the removal plug ?) we can found this IC, hope your plan to sell IC is coming after to realize of the Schema and Boardview
I will give another advice come in contact of repair shop and right to repair
and give BRD to the Open source BRD program FlexBv FlexBV - View Macbook & Motherboard BoardViews with PDF Cross Referencing - DOWNLOADS
and diode Mode data will be great, it is real stuff

thank you for what you did,I feel this like this is the way to do
best regards

Hello All.

So I see that the schematics are becoming available under a NDA cover; but I do wonder if boardviews will arrive.

With these devices we really need both items in order to be able to properly repair the logic boards.

3 Likes

From the Chris attempts framework board repair video (around 2:55), it sounds like they also had boardviews with the NDA schematics.

I believe that might be a “part location map” in the PDF/schem itself, as opposed to an actual boardview file [ EDIT: confirmed; it’s only a part map, not a real boardview file ]. The PDF variant is somewhat useful but it lacks the ability to see what the individual pins are connected to ( nets ).

Would be happy for anyone at Framework to contact me about boardviews and what format(s) they’re willing to offer and see if we can work something out with FlexBV / OpenBoardview.

1 Like

Yep, a flat placement file. Based on our earlier discussion with @Paul_L_Daniels the native format we have wasn’t supported in OpenBoardview.

1 Like

@nrp can you get in touch with me via email ( pldaniels@gmail.com ) so we talk about the file format again; suspect old-timer’s disease getting me here because I seem to have misplaced that conversation ( though I have some recollection of it ).

Regards, Paul L Daniels.

1 Like