[SOLVED] No POST with Core i7-1370P

The other morning my Core i7-1370P Framework 13" wouldn’t boot. Didn’t even display POST. The power button lights up, and the charge light shows when plugged in. I connected a known working external monitor via Thunderbolt and nothing there either (power but no signal.)

I followed the steps for resetting the mainboad state. Noticed I didn’t have a RTC battery, but disconnected the main battery, removed the SSD, and swapped the memory anyway. I got the red lights as expected, but still no post.

The next morning the fans were running full speed, so I opened the laptop lie and saw it giving an error for no drive (which I removed). I powered off, attached a drive via USB and then it went back to no more POST behavior.

Maybe the POST is just taking a REALLY LONG time (like an hour). I contacted Support via email on Thursday at 1:30 PM Mountain Time, and besides the auto responder saying they are busy, there has been no response. Has any one else had and luck with support the past few days?

I purchased the laptop in July of last year, so I expect it should still be under warranty. I had to pick up a new laptop to use in the meantime while I wait for support to get back to me as I have a trip coming up.

Any advice on troubleshooting or how to get ahold of support would be appreciated. Or is there another option for warranty?

Due to the recent launch, Support is under increased load and will take longer to respond. The procedure for resetting the mainboard on 13th gen is different from 11th and 12th gen so the BIOS likely isn’t reset. The instructions are:

1. Please turn off the laptop and unplug the charger.
  2. Remove the input cover and plug in the charger.
  3. press the chassis open switch/case switch 10 times (provided pictures below for your reference), you must press it slowly, so press for 2 seconds. Release, wait for the red blink on the mainboard LED, and repeat.
  4. Press the power button to boot the system
  5. BIOS settings will be reset to defaults

Support finally got back to me and asked for the blink code from the power light.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll try that next. Unfortunately I’m traveling right now, so left the nice small laptop at home.

1 Like

Sorry, I was traveling. Can you share me a picture of where the switch is located? I’ll give it a shot.

Support suggested the blink code (article is 12th gen, not 13th) indicate a memory issue, but after removing and swapping them in every possible combination there was no change. I don’t know how to decode the blinking lights though…

The switch is in the red box:

That appears to have done it, thanks!

1 Like