October/Batch 4 Thread

As proven in the batch 3 thread, it aint over till FedEx yeets it to my doorstep. :joy:

7 Likes

Since they list the cost of each component, I think you can take the price of the top item and infer what CPU they’re charging you for. For example, mine (the mid-tier i7) says:

" Framework Laptop DIY Edition Quantity: 1
Price: $1,049.00"

That price is probably different depending on what CPU you ordered.

I think you are correct. My base price for the DIY edition is more expensive than yours, leading to believe I grabbed the highest end CPU, which I did.

1 Like

Yeah, but that’s a bit of guesswork. They should really just list the CPU model outright to be super mega clear.

2 Likes

Yeah they should probably list it! But it’s good to know everyone seems to be getting the right thing :slight_smile:

Never been more excited to get charged, framework can’t take my money soon enough lmao. Hoping to see that tomorrow!

2 Likes

Here is my FULL order status.

Placed my Order on Thu, Sep 16, 11:50 AM CDT and received order confirmation email “Order Confirmation #”.

Received first email “We’re preparing to ship your batch!” on Mon, Oct 4, 12:56 PM CDT.

Received second email “We’re preparing to ship your order! #” on Tue, Oct 5, 1:23 PM CDT.

Received third email “Your order is shipping soon #” on Wed, Oct 6, 2:20 AM CDT and then bank account was charged.

Received fourth email “Your order has shipped #” on Wed, Oct 6, 4:48 PM CDT with fedex tracking information, delivery date expected is Saturday, October 9.

My configuration is as follows:

Configuration

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7
  • Memory: 32GB
  • Storage: 1TB
  • WiFi: WiFi 6 with vPro
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Customization

• Keyboard: US English: Included

Expansion Cards

• 1 Storage – 1TB
  • 1 HDMI
  • 1 MicroSD
  • 2 USB-A
  • 4 USB-C

Accessories

• Power Adapter: Included
  • Framework Screwdriver: Included
4 Likes

Paid!

For fellow Canadians ordering, I received the email from Framework stating that they were unable to complete the payment. TDLR version, click the link in the email from a PC, ensure the currency is CAD in the top right corner of the web page (similar to changing to the Canadian site on your profile on Framework), and manually enter your credit card information (don’t use autofill from your browser). Payment went through after that.

I was having difficulty via a mobile browser on my phone using autofill.

2 Likes

Getting closer to shipping! (Hopefully today!)

Got a third e-mail stating the card has been charged and the order is shipping soon.

Indeed, card successfully charged. Charge shows as pending. I didn’t need to change currency like @Rupert_Woods but good tip, I would have been panicking!

I like how “next few business days” in the second e-mail = less than 12 hours. So I hope the “next few business days” in the third e-mail = today. :grin: Underpromise and overdeliver.

Just picturing Nirav slaving away authorizing credit card transactions at 3:20 AM EST (12:20 AM PST) then packing boxes.

7 Likes

My card was charged yesterday morning so I’m hoping it ships out today or tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

No charges here yet, but I expect it’ll happen today. I’m (naively) hoping it might ship today :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Mine was charged very early this morning, I got that “your order is shipping soon” email at 3:19 am lmao

1 Like

Has anyone figured out how the queue system works? I ordered an i5 on August 13th, waiting patiently… but surprised to see some of the i7 models ordered much later already shipping!

1 Like

My guess is just supply and demand. J think the demand for the i7 models is a lot lower so they can move through the queue faster with supply…as of yesterday you could still by a high end i7 in the October batch

1 Like

It does seem to go by what they have on hand. Both the i5 and the midrange i7 seem popular, the high-end i7 less so.

It looks like the i5s sell out really early and those ordering it need to wait longer. Some are deferred to later batches than the other CPUs.

The midrange i7 seems to be shipping now.

For a while they didn’t sell all the high end i7s they had and you could get one at short notice in the nearest batch, while the other CPUs were in later batches.

2 Likes

I think there also might be a correlation between whether the DIY i5 orders also got memory and storage or went BYO. I want to hear from @suntoad who looks to be one of the farthest along orders, but hasn’t detailed exactly what he got other than the i5

my theory seems more true from @reverse_thrust’s and @GTRedWolf’s comments.

3 Likes

Yeah, part of the reason I went mostly BYO is to minimize the chance of supply chain disruptions and hopefully get my order out the door quicker.

3 Likes

It doesn’t seem to have affected @Corgieg’s order though. His is about identical to mine, just separated by a week. I hope that at most this is all that separates my delivery window from yours/theirs.

1 Like

@Christopher_Doman

I, here is the configuration I’m waiting for:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
Expansion Cards
1 HDMI
2 USB-C
1 MicroSD Expansion Card
Power Adapter - US/Canada

2 Likes

i7 1165g7, but went byo for huge cost optimizations

Offboarding an old t470s with a 2tb 970 plus

Also getting an 11800h rtx 3050 xps 17 with 512gb ssd, and 2x8 of ddr4 3200.

Xps gets aftermarket 2x16 ddr4 3200 ram kit, framework gets xps 2x8 kit.

Xps gets a brand new 2tb sn850, framework gets the t470s’ 970 plus, t470s gets the xps 512gb.

2 Likes

Oh boy… I also have ordered a mid-range i7 but requested a change to the order regarding the WiFi card as I had selected the vPro but later saw that the vPro needs the high range i7 to support the full vPro functionality… So I though to not leave anyone hanging waiting for a vPro for their machine I thought to replace the WiFi card and expedite things…

No email so far confirming the charge to my card… Hope it comes further down the line :slight_smile:

2 Likes