October/Batch 4 Thread

Same here!! Just got the email this morning

1 Like

What’s the longest someone has had between their card being charged and receiving their “shipped” email?

1 Like

Starting to lose hope that it would ship this week. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Any one open to sharing the amount of time taken to receive their framework if you’re on the west coast m

Not on the west coast but to give you an idea, although my story is not the norm from what everyone else seems to be experiencing. I ordered mine Oct 6th. I was charged on the 12th and mine shipped yesterday and is en route. Scheduled delivery is Saturday now, with the initial delivery being tomorrow (Friday). I realize that I’m a rare situation. A lot of people are trying to make rhyme or reason out of the shipping and delivery schedules but it’s so all over the place. I’m sure Framework, like every other company, is dealing with supply constraints and logistical opportunities. I have all the faith in the world that Framework will do everything they can to make it right, just requires patience. I honestly went into this thinking I probably wouldn’t get my unit until early November even though it was part of the Batch 4 production.

I don’t know the longest, but my card was charged 48 hours ago but it still hasn’t shipped. I’m starting to think they’re trying to fill up a whole box before finally dispatching the Fedex truck.

1 Like

Thank you. I just got charged today so just just curious what the shipping speed might be. It just hard to bundle the excitement I have to get it.

I have huge hopes that we can see the company grow cause this is something I have always hoped to have since I started messing with computers years ago! And as the computer repair person in the family I am hoping to recommend they all get one so I can easily do repairs and upgrades in the future!

1 Like

I’ve been wondering this, too. Maybe they batch up a bunch of them to ship out at once to reduce the number of times they have to do FedEx drop-offs. Would make sense since a lot of people seemed to have all been charged at the same time.

Meanwhile… around here…

5 Likes

For all those lamenting the slow march of October, at least you weren’t a massive doofus like me and accidentally cancel your Batch 4 order… First time I’ve ever looked forward to the dreary days of November.

9 Likes

I am truly sorry for you.

1 Like

We all do mistakes bud! And FYI… not lamenting the “slow march” of October… just an impatient monkey I am. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you try emailing support? I bet they can fix that for ya.

1 Like

I did! Actually Nirav responded to my request. Apparently there is not a way to un-cancel an order.

1 Like

Oof. I had noticed how the “Cancel Order” button ended up in the same spot as the “View Order” button, but I had hoped that it would require at least a confirmation?

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it should have an “unsend” style feature that Gmail has, where you have x number of minutes to un-cancel before it actually cancels.

1 Like

TBH I wonder if they are doing it alphabetically within some order date constraints. The randomness could also be accounted for by some other metric that we don’t have access to. I’m also wondering if the vPro wifi chips are arriving slowly or are in more limited supply than the standard wifi chips or something similar. It definitely seems like a majority of people have gone with the mid tier i7 so I’m not surprised that those orders have been taking longer.

I’d also guess that the people who participate in this forum are a huge minority of the people who have ordered a laptop, so the limited data we have here definitely makes all of our theories just guesses at this point. Probably not worth taking a huge amount of time to track it all out due to our limited access to the information, unless a framework team member wants to chime in.

I’m happy I’m getting it eventually, but being a systems and processes nerd, I’m always curious how other people are trying to optimize things.

Lots of apps have an “Are you sure you want to do this dangerous thing?” prompt, and I feel like a cancel order button should have a feature like this. I’m not willing to test it with my own order, but if you didn’t get any kind of prompt after clicking the “Cancel Order” button, you should request that feature in the appropriate forum here.

4 Likes

FYI, mine shipped from NJ on 10/7 and as of now (10/14), it has made its way to Modesto CA destined for San Francisco. Delivery still promised for 15th, but we’ll see.
Well, it arrived as Fedex promised on the 15th. One day later than original estimate and 8 days from NJ to norther California.

2 Likes

Where are the i5 orders at right now? First week of September or are we still at August?

1 Like