Ortholinear keyboard option?

We don’t know. Framework hasn’t announced anything. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility, but if it happened it would probably wouldn’t be soon. More like a few generations away.

Yeah, Cherry MX ULP is the thinnest available, but unfortunately it’s still a bit too thick. There is another thread where people have discused ways to create a little more room.

1 Like

We don’t know. Framework hasn’t announced anything. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility, but if it happened it would probably wouldn’t be soon. More like a few generations away.

Oh well thats unfortunate. Its the only thing holding me back from buying a 13 right away right now.

I’ve read the ideas to steal the usb-lanes from the touchpad and using this connection to connect a qmk-powered keyboard internally so maybe its possible to enable custom-keyboards on this laptop.

Yeah, Cherry MX ULP is the thinnest available, but unfortunately it’s still a bit too thick. There is another thread where people have discused ways to create a little more room.

could you link said thread?
Maybe I can gather some information and evaluate how feasible it would be for me :)

thanks for your response

The touchpad isn’t usb. But the fingerprint reader is usb and runs through the input cover. You could use that for a usb hub chip.

It’s focused on the FWL16. Designing a deeper chassis for "mechanical" keyboard module

1 Like

I would pay a lot of money for a QMK ortho input cover.

4 Likes