[Solved - Check junk mail] Refund? Are they still alive?

Hello,

My unit suffers from random system freezes. I contacted the support 3 times and they are non-responsive. Since the support is no help, I’d like a refund. How do I initiate it if their office is dead, apparently? Are they still in business at all?

Edit: looks like responses were caught by a spam filter. No idea how it happened, as I received responses from Framework before. Sorry for the freakout.

@TheTwistgibber?

Details?

Every time I’ve emailed support they have sent a reply saying that support over email may be slow and that you’ll get faster support here in the forum.

Framework’s replies got stuck in promotions folder on gmail. I was getting irate checking my incoming and spam folders while Framework replies were hiding amidst useless facebook notifications the whole time.

Regarding my issue, they advised (3 times) to update the firmware on my m.2 drive. I just did it. The time will show if it worked.

Ok cool. So I’m assuming you have a WD drive then. They have definitely caused that issue in the past.

If you still have problems afterwards make sure to put some details up here such as your OS, hardware, etc. Chances are others have already gone through what you are going through.

1 Like

I also had 3 times hard freeze for my laptop. I connected the support and following their instructions.

I updated the WD 850 firmware, but still freeze after two days.

What I am doing now is put ram stick in different channel to experiment and see what cause the issue. I have two 16GB ram stick.

Let’s put our information in this topic:

I had this issue on my old laptop. Turned out to be a corrupted Windows file. Have you tried this:

1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.

2. Type in sfc /scannow

3. Alternative commands are
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (a more advanced scan)

Yes? Sorry, was already off for the day when I saw the ping. Sounds like this was addressed. Everyone should check “Promotions” if they use Gmail and “Junk” if they use anything outside any of the major email providers. Google likes to change up how they classify incoming emails and as we have a non-standard domain (frame.work), they sometimes treat us differently. If folks have Protonmail with custom privacy settings, we have seen some issues there as well. Standard Protonmail handles our incoming without issue.

I wonder if it makes any sense to add what you just said to the online contact form. Some kind of Note / Checkbox (for awareness, or acknowledgement of awareness).

Over the past year or so, it seems like a small portion of the population still haven’t got into the habit of check spam / junk / promotions emails even when they’re expecting important communications.

Or maybe on the after-submission popup:

Thanks for your suggestions. I will have a try.
By the way, have you figured out the reason for the random freeze of your framework laptop?

It could be a trivial issue with my m.2 outlined above. It should be fixed with a firmware update. I’ll post if the issue persists.

Thanks. Hopefully the SSD firmware update fix the issue.

Unfortunately, firmware updates of wd850 didn’t fix the issue. Any other leads?