Remotely related: Canada - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB for $320 CAD (Free Shipping)

If you DIYers are in the market for a 2TB (gen 3), this is a decent price.

Use promo code: CEMCEBHE22

I’ll drop this that I found as well. Seems to be Gen 4 and 2tb

@FaultedBeing,
I would suggest to avoid Sabrent. They work fine for a month or two and die. Completely. Although, they are really fast, this is truth. And extremally hot. Similar performance to the top Seagate FireCuda models, but definetly ~ 1.5-2 times slower than WD Black 850 that you can get with Frame.Work laptop.

1 Like

Hey all … just a tip. Make sure your SSDs are direct-sell from NewEgg/Amazon or a trusted retailer. Beware of “marketplace” sellers. The market is being flooded with broken/overused SSDs from file storage crypto miners. Chia miners in particular seem to be flooding the market with bunk NVMe SSDs.

1 Like

Well, I have a sabrent rocket 1tb pcie gen 4 in my desktop PC for almost 2 years, and no issues at all. It’s as good as the day I put it in.

1 Like

I believe the fact it’s a core reason it’s still alive. These drives are extremally hot, and desktop versions of sabrent have a massive radiator and overall sufficient cooling. In a dence space of the laptop it’s a deadman that overheats pretty fast and dies. I know at least 5 cases when people put it to HP Omen, Acer Nitro and Dell G5 – 2 months later that had to go to newegg for some Samsung or WD drives to substitute the roasted deadman. :slight_smile:

Update:
Samsung 980 PRO 1TB @ $230CAD

1 Like

@RandomUser
I love Amazon!!!

:laughing:

1 Like