[RESPONDED] 13th Gen on Mint Linux 21.2 "Victoria"

For me, I have never had it not actually charge. It says it is not charging, but it stays at 99% or 100%, even after hours of use.

Does the orange light come on by the USB C connector to show that the hardware thinks it is charging?

Thanks!

Scott =)

I’ve had it both ways, where it’s definitely charging and it says it’s not, but there’s a lot of time left (like the screen cap I posted earlier), and other times when the battery does drain. In the case where the battery still drained, the orange light was on the whole time. But there’s also been times when I’ve plugged in the power cable and the light does not come on, and the device does not say it’s charging. When that happens, I’ll unplug it and plug it back in about a dozen times, and the light eventually will come on and it will start charging for at least a little while before it stops.

Just to help us, help you. Kernel version?

uname -r

:+1: 5.15.0-79-generic

Try installing the package “linux-oem-22.04c”. That will install a 6.1 kernel. Currently it is 6.1.0-1020.

sudo apt install linux-oem-22.04c

I found that in this document: https://github.com/FrameworkComputer/linux-docs/blob/main/LinuxMint21-1-Manual-Setup-13thGen.md

Thanks!

Scott =)

2 Likes

LTS kernel, however, we do not test kernels this old and on anything Ubuntu 22.04 LTS based, we absolutely only test and recommend:

We often times have changes in the OEM C kernel not found in the standard generic/hwe kernels.

When in doubt, please test again the Live USB of Ubuntu 22.04 to see if the issue replicates there.