Retro Gaming Handheld?

So I saw a post on here the other day about repurposing the mainboard as a tablet, which had me thinking: would it be possible to repurpose this as a potential handheld gaming pc? Just for some lighter games/retro gaming. I’d have no idea on how to go about this

2 Likes

The main board might be A little big for A handheld …
I have An thread on Making A fictional console come to life with A frame work board.

The best place to start is the simple thing what do you want it to look like?

Make A scketch or Design it in something like Fusion 360 or blender.

Adding dimentions is where your will run into issues.
And I think that might be where you have to redesign the project A bit.

I don’t have my Frame work laptop in hand so mesuering the board I went from the site, you can also look at the 3D printed case for some Idea for how Big just the board will be in your hand…

Maybe the Framework board is too big for your project ,A rasberry Pie is smaller and can play lots of older games with minimal issues.

If you really want to make and design something like this I say go for it and get messy. You can learn A ton Along the way!!!

You’d have to make it pretty thick use the Mainboard and keep it smaller than a Steam Deck.
It’d be super awesome to use Framework’s connector schematics to hook the custom inputs into the Input Cover connector, and reuse the keyboard matrix for all your buttons.

This is something I’m working on and will be posting more about when my developer program motherboard arrives.

5 Likes