Revert back to previous bios version

I’m aware this could be a number of things, so I’m working through process of elimination.

Basically upgraded from 3.03 to 3.05 yesterday, didn’t really use the laptop until today, this morning i did a system package upgrade, I’m running arch, i have a plan to revert package back to yesterdays state as part of testing but want to start with the bios.

The Symptoms are:

1. System wont shut down, when I issue a shutdown 0 in my terminal usually within a few seconds arch unloads and the laptop is powered down cleanly, since updating the bios (straight after updating the bios) this started happening, so I’m almost certain this is caused by the new bios version.

2. Over the past few hours I’ve noticed my mouse becoming “sticky” every now and again. This is an external mouse plugged in via the same USB hub it’s always been plugged into. I’ve never had any issues until this morning, so this could either be bios or package upgrades.

So my questions are:

1. Can i revert back to the previous version of my bios by following the same process as i did for the upgrade (fat formatted USB, copy the EFI boot files over and boot from USB)

2. If yes to the above, where i can obtain the previous versions? Googling / searching I’m only able to find 3.05

For reference, I’m running a 13" AMD Ryzen 5 7640U

Thanks in advance

There’s an old version

1 Like