[SOLVED] Multi Monitor Dizzyness / Fans not spinning

Hello all!

Got my Framework 16 recently and been having a blast.

• AMD Ryzen 7 CPU
  • Navi 33 (Radeon RX) GPU
  • 2 TB Storage
  • Arch Linux (i3)

First issue (Solved) - currently connecting a DP and HDMI upto an ultra wide monitor ( LG 49WL95C-WE 49 Inch 32:9 UltraWide Dual QHD IPS Curved LED Monitor with HDR 10), had this monitor plugged into the main computer for a couple of years without issue. After a couple of hours using the laptop I now feel dizzy and sick. The FPS is 60 on both monitors (screen on ultra wide is split into two) and 164 FPS on the main laptop.
Any quick fix for this? I am also noticing some flickers in some places especially when I use a webcam.

Solution (Monitor) was more likely my own eye adjustments to new settings rather than anything long term damaging. I may have just been a little too quick to look for a solution. I also did a whole bunch of changes using Xrandr to get something that is quite comfortable for me.

Second Issue (Solved) - I live in a hot country and was using the laptop outside (not in direct sunlight). The laptop was hot to the point where the sides and bottom were very hot to the touch but the fans were not spinning.
I tried using the AUR (through Paru) to download some packages (fw-ectool-git & fw-fanctrl-git) but they are currently broken. Are there any official ones on site I can download and install?

The solution (fan) was to find specific dependencies (cmake & libftdi) and re install the packages through paru. Another annoyance was the lack of man pages for both programs. I could not find any official documentation on usage and how to test the fans, is it possible to add a benchmark test onto one of the packages?

Any info on these two would be greatly appreciated. Overall super happy about the laptop itself.

I’m on a different stack (Fedora/GNOME/Wayland) and hardware (FW 13, display on internal panel and external 4K, both 60Hz) so can’t comment directly on that.

Instead I’d suggest looking at scaling, could there be some subtle fuzziness, especially in text, that’s increasing eyestrain?

I changed some settings and I feel better now, I think it was a combination of adjustment rather than anything intrinsically wrong with the set up.

It is worth checking xrandr to see what is going on.