[SOLVED] New DIY Framework 13 Ryzen 5 7640U DEAD

Hi Destroya,
Thanks for checking in and updating me on the status of my ticket and (apologies for hijacking this thread). As you say, an update on the ticket upon escalation with some indication that there may be some further delay would have gone a long way. I sort of expected some degree of contact to be maintained once the ticket was picked up and started to worry my emails weren’t getting attached to it.

On second reading my use of the term fruitless came across as derogatory of support and it was not my intent. I simply meant it to convey that, after following provided troubleshooting guides, the board was still unresponsive. I completely understand the necessity of these steps to establish a baseline (and also I’d have been thrilled if the board came back to life with a reset so was happy to follow them all).

That’s good to know, every day I’m without my framework my colleagues make increasingly frequent quips about making me use a Mac, a fate worse than death!

1 Like

Hello it’s me, I’m back again. This time it’s because Framework has not processed my return yet. FedEx tracking confirms that the return item was received on July 15. This is almost two weeks now.

The last communication I received on 7/18 advised that it will take 24-48 hours for the repair center to “receive the package” and then another 3-5 business days to processing of the return but we’re well beyond that now and Framework is not responding to my enquiries regarding status. @Destroya is this normal? Is there any way you can check via internal channels what the status is of my return? Just just want to put this all behind me now this.

@Frank4
Just for clarity, have you returned the laptop and waiting money back, or is this an RMA return, in which case no money changing hands?
When I did an RMA, I did not get any confirmation of receipt by them of my returned faulty part. I have just kept the postal service tracking info in case they question whether I actually returned it later.

It’s been returned. They are in actual possession of the unit!!! That’s the tracking info screenshot there and I’m waiting to get my refund.

You can find our return policy here: What is the Framework Return Policy?
If you have not received the refund after the time frame mentioned in this article, please contact support.

Ok so I’m looking at up to 5 business days after receiving the item for the service center to inspect and then another 5-10 business days after that to receive a refund. So basically I’ve got another 5 business days to reach the end of that period. Albeit I’ve reached out to support for a status already - I guess there’s just no value now in providing customer service at this stage. Will see what happens a week from now, thanks.

1 Like

Its a shame that we will never find out what was wrong with the laptop. The only thing we did not try is removing the wifi card.

I agree. Always good to understand the root cause of something when you’ve invested that much time into it. However, I did disconnect the wifi card and tested that specifically. Unfortunately, there wasn’t any change in behavior.

1 Like

All is good - received a response from customer support that after some delays the refund has been processed and I already see them in my account. It is a refund in full.

1 Like