Trackpad clicks not registering?

Hey everyone. I just got my framework laptop and I’m setting it up r n.

I just transferrer my ram and storage from my old device rather than doing a fresh install.

I have a problem where the trackpad won’t register my clicks anywhere.

It can track and tap to click but physically pressing on the button for a click results in nothing.

Is this a normal thing? Are clicks not supposed to register?

I hope for your guys to give me insight into this issue. Thanks and take care.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Apparently others have had too - they have been sending out replacement input modules to correct and analyzing the old ones for an apparent manufacturing issue. I’ll be contacting them shortly for the same.

Trackpad (physical) clicks not registering.
#trackpad

4 Likes

Fixed. I just clicked the middle of the trackpad a bunch of times and now it works fine.

4 Likes

Clicking in the middle a bunch of times did make it work. Interesting.

2 Likes

Same issue… was literally about to open a support ticket but, uh… clicking in the middle of the trackpad a bunch worked?!? I had to click a lot of times.

1 Like

I just received my laptop today. The click function does not work at all in fedora. I finally got tap to click to work, but not actual click. Is there anyway to resolve this?

This has happened to me a couple of times now on Fedora, click spam works to fix it. Does anybody know if it’s a software or hardware issue? Hopefully the former!

I had some luck tightening the screws that hold the bottom of the trackpad in. But they seem to be loosening up again after about a week.

Seriously, just click the middle a BUNCH of times. I had this same issue, and after clicking it enough times, it just started working. And it has worked perfectly fine since.

2 Likes

how much is “a bunch”? ballpark

2 Likes

@Quinn_Dougherty more than 30. I just spam clicked it, and all of the sudden, it started working. I wasn’t counting to be honest.

1 Like

cool. I did at least 125 (much of it I counted) and it didn’t work yet. at least I can tap and I mostly use a mouse anyways.

1 Like

Thats a bit worrying… I’ll see if mine are loose this weekend

1 Like