Trackpad regularly stops responding

The trackpad regularly stops responding until I lift my finger and start over with whatever I’m doing with the trackpad.
Example: if I want to move the cursor from one side of the screen to another, part way through the trackpad will stop responding to touch, no matter how much I move my finger around and change the angle and pressure of my finger.
Only once I lift my finger and then try again does it register touch.

I assume this is some kind of faulty activation of palm rejection

1 Like

Could you share what OS you are running and if you’ve installed the latest driver bundle if on Windows? Framework Laptop BIOS and Driver Releases

I’m using Windows 11 currently with the latest 3.07 bios and latest driver bundle.

If I remember correctly I also experienced this on windows 10.

Sorry if TMI but it’s worse/most frequently when my hands get a little sweaty (not a lot). If they’re absolutely dry it still happens but not as much.

Update, I found a solution:
I followed the guide for fixing trackpad rubbing, but instead of doing one corner I repeated it for each corner. And instead of just “making sure not to over-tighten it”, I made it snug as described in the guide, but then loosened a tiny bit.

My theory is that not making the screws snug keeps the trackpad surface totally flat, and the alignment is just for good measure.

1 Like