13” AMD: booting gets to framework splash screen then a pop and nothing

Hello,
I have a 13 inch framework AMD laptop and this morning when trying to turn it on it made it to the framework splash screen and then I hear a pop and now it no longer turns on at all. Holding down the power button does nothing.

Edit: After plugging in a power cable for 15 minutes, it then took about 2 minutes, but it did boot up.

That is definitely not good. As it has “recovered” I wonder if one RAM module has failed and it is now working on only one module.

I would certainly get hold of support, and let them guide you through finding out what happened.

Hi @Romero,

I would for sure take @Alan_Pearce 's suggestion and contact support. In an ideal situation, the “pop” you heard was just some plastic coming free from sticking together. It could mean something else though and support is best suited to help you identify areas to look at. Let us know what you find out!

So i contacted support and they recommended checking the cable connecting the touchpad to the mainboard since that also controls the power/fingerprint sensor. And after fixing that it now boots up normally and works as expected.

3 Likes

That is great @Romero! Glad to hear they got you taken care of! Thank you for the update!