13" Ryzen 7040: Blinking LED color pattern on startup

Hi all, I own a Framework 13" Ryzen 7040 Laptop (BIOS 3.05).

Yesterday I replaced the display with the new 2.8K version. Even though the laptop seems to be running normally, I now have the blinking LED color pattern on startup.

About ~15s after powering on, the LED on the left side starts blinking in a color pattern. The pattern is as follows:

1xW, 11xG, 2xO, 1xG, 3xB, 4xG

W: White
G: Green
O: Orange
B: Blue

What does the pattern mean? My Linux starts normally - I haven’t noticed any problems while it’s running. Thanks for the help in advance.

quick update:

• Resetting the BIOS didn’t fix the problem
  • RAM seems OK, memtest86 runs without error messages
  • The error only appears with the new 2.8k display. I used the old display for testing purposes again and the problem described doesn’t occur…

Any suggestions what to do?

Atleast for the 11th gen Intel there’s this guide, I think the code format is guite generic and I doubt they have changed it:

Basically then by that guide, there’s a orange blink on Internal display initialized OK part, meaning the initialization failed. (Whatever that may mean, I don’t personally know.)

I’d probably place a support ticket for that.

1 Like

Hi all,

at this point I would like to give a short update for anyone who may encounter the same error.

The official support was very helpful and came to the conclusion that there is a need to replace the Display.

The blinking LED shows the error code 12 - Internal Display Initialized failed.

Cheers

1 Like