13th Gen Intel Core BIOS 3.05 Release and 2024_06_25 Drivers Release

I have a 1360p FW13 running Windows 11 Pro. I just installed the BIOS update, both retimer updates, and the driver package. Then I updated Intel drivers afterwards as a double check straight from Intel.

I can confirm I had the same odd issue where the Dell Thunderbolt dock at work did not work on the upper left port. Using the upper right port worked right away, and now I’m able to use all the ports just fine for the docking station. My eGPU at home did worked fine on the upper left port. So far no other issues myself.

1 Like

which Dell TB dock are you using? i’ve been having issues with my TB16 since the beginning so i stopped using it (it seemed like it would lose/ regain connection every few minutes). i have the same FW13

I have the Dell WD22TB4 and it has been working fine with the FW13 (1360p) after the latest BIOS update.

At work, I have a WD19TBS. I just swapped my USB C into the lower left port and I haven’t had any issues since. But both my eGPU (Sonnet 750ex) and docking station will not recognize right away if the USB C is on the upper left port post bios update.

1 Like

@John_Maddox does this still work for you after a reboot (or cold boot after power down)?
The problem goes away for me, as you say, when I plug in a dock/USB type-C monitor on the right (or really any other port) and then suddenly the back left port display port capabilities start working.
However, after a fresh boot I still experience the same issue

@Kieran_Levin is there any update to the upper (back) left USB-C DP issue being disabled (on boot or reboot).

The problem goes away for me, as you found, when I plug in a dock/USB type-C monitor on the right (or really any other port). If I then try the upper (back) left again it suddenly starts working.
However, after a fresh boot I still experience the same issue.
There’s a report here that issue goes away after loading optimal BIOS settings. This did not work for me.

Update 5:
Im writing with support atm.

Update 4:
I was able to reproduce the led code:
3x green
1x red
7x blue
Hope someone can tell what this means.
I have found a sheet for these codes. So the red light is at “CPU deassert sleep S4”

Update 3:
I did a reset of the motherboard. It all went like described. After assembling the framework again it wont turn on. The Fans also dont activate. The led is constant green.
I do not recommend doing these BIOS updates as they break your working laptop. Shame

Update 2:
After letting it charge a bit i started the framework. Fan starts turning but screen stays black. After some time it restarts.
At the first Start the red charging led switched to green. Then it began to blink green blue and red. After it restarted by itself i never saw this behavior again.
I read about a mainboard reset somewhere and will try to do this as a next step.

Update 1:
Battery is empty. I plugged the charger in and could press the Start button. Screen stays black. Usbc charging led switched From red to green. Turned it off again and leave it to charge a bit.

Hi guys,

i tried to install the New uefi via the guide in the knowledgebase for Linux and it started good but got stuck at installing PD01 from 0.1.27 to 0.1.2C.
BIOS 30.03.05 and EC worked fine.
My power Adapter says its not drawing power and the light oft the usbc port with my power cable plugged in is just black. Not red and not white for about 30 Minutes. The framework wheel moved During install but has stopped.
Any button pressed wont change a thing. Guess its Broken and now im waiting for the battery to become empty for the framework to shut down.
AS this is my first uefi update for the 13th gen i dont know if this behavior is intended.
Hope to get some help

Im using the framework bazzite gnome distro And intel 1340p without problems.

EFI-shell-update-fail

Thank you

The next time you see the flashing green, blue, red lights, record them. They are a diagnostic code, there should be about 20 flashes.

It might be worth pressing the power off button for 20 seconds. it should reset the EC and if you can then boot the system you should be able to check if the firmware update completed all the bits it needed to.
Also try unplugging all expansion slot cards and just plug the one back in you need for the charger.

Thanks for your reply
Ive Seen these flashes the first and last time. Always watched Them but after the first time it did not happen again.
Ive got a 13th gen 1340p with 3x USB c and 1x USB a.

I did what you described but it still wont work :frowning:
Led starts red and turns green a long time until its red again. Thn the system restarts. Screen is black. At least the Fans turn on now. But thats the loop i get right now

The flashes happen once after a new power on.
So, power off the laptop. unplug the power cable.
Plug in the power cable.
Press the on switch
After about 20 seconds it should start flashing the diagnostic code.
If you miss the code, you have to power off, unplug etc. all again.
I don’t know what the non-flashing green light means.

1 Like

After Pressing the power button the led switched to constant geen. After about 50 seconds it turns red again and reboots. I dont get to the blinking part.
If i do not charge the laptop i only See the green light.

Does this help at all? I know its not for a 13th Gen, but it might help.

From that the constant green seems to indicate memory training but it should only need to do that once.
Do you have any idea if the battery is charged or not?

Sadly this doesnt help.
I will try to leave it in this loop for a few minutes and See if something happens.
If the framework is turned off and i plug the AC in i can See the red charging led. I guess it works AS the battery should habe Been empty after the update failure.

I contacted the support. Lets see what they can do.
Until then i cant use my stuff for the University or work
._.

But thank you very much

I would try leaving it powered off, with the battery charging, until it is full. I.e. not a red light any more.
This will at least let us know that the charging bit works.
If the charging bit works, it also means the USB PD firmware is OK, and the EC is OK.
Then try powering on with a full battery.
Do you use a FW power brick, or is it a different one?

Will try.
Im using a 100w ugreen charger for More than one year without problems.

If that charger has been fine before, it should be fine now.

1 Like

I was able to reproduce the led code:
3x green
1x red
7x blue
Hope someone can tell what this means
Directly after the last blue flash i can See a green led for a really short amount of time. Maybe thats also part of the code

Look for “blinking” on this page:

There is basically 12 red/green flashes, orange in between, followed by 8 blue/green flashes.
They normally flash pretty fast, so you might wish to video them with your phone and play them back slowly to catch them all, or upload the video and paste a link here.
You only mention 3+1+7 = 11 flashes, which is not enough flashes.
The first 12 red/greed flashes are the most useful.

I made a Video to count the flashing.
I try to upload it somehow. Im using a phone right now as i dont have a spare laptop

Here you go:

Its a short Video of the flashing LEDs. My old eyes only See what i wrote. Maybe you can See More.

Thank you