Add googly eyes in bezel

Would it be possible to add googly eyes to the bezel, without increasing the thickness (so cutting parts out)? Which parts can be easily cut / ground away?

Asking for a friend (who has a lot of googly eyes left over. Dimensions 7mm x 7mm x 1mm).

Also, this is more a shitpost than a real request, let me know if that’s not wanted here, then I’ll delete it or mods can do so

1 Like

At least on the 13 there should be a bit of room next to the webcam.

The bezel on the FW13 has an outer lip that is almost exactly 0.5mm thicker than the rest of the bezel at 1.7mm vs 1.2mm. 1mm googly eyes stuck to the thinner part of the bezel would therefore add another 0.5mm to the thickness of the laptop and more importantly, they would become the main contact points between the lid and the main body.

That should probably be fine but if you want to be on the safe side, you’d probably need to drill 0.5mm deep insets into the bezel. There are several spots along the top that have enough space for this. The closest would be between the microphone holes and the first set of magnets which gives you about 90mm center distance between the eyes. Between the first and second set of magnets or between the second and third set would also work which gives you distances from about 125 to 170mm or 200 to 260mm

2 Likes

Please share a photo if you do this! :eyes:

3 Likes

Now you’ve got me wondering about embedding googly eyes in the input module spacers.