[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

Ryzen 7 7840U here.
Time for me to replace my old Asus Laptop from 2013 ^^
I can’t wait for Q3 !

2 Likes

It may be simpler just to get one at a local store, CVS and Walgreens should have them if you’re in the USA.

Actually, those are CR1022 batteries and are not rechargeable. Stick with ML1022 that are rechargeable.

Just wondering how anyone knows what their batch is? Like my Framework laptop purchase originally, they had done away with “batches” at all levels of ordering even back then. I pre-ordered my AMD board back in March (24th) as my 11th gen is a constant source of quirks and annoyances that drive me away from using it every time I decide to pick up the Framework instead of my older Latitude.

I hate USB-C (trying to use an old USB-A floppy drive here - the drive works fine, but the laptop doesn’t - these “power surge” alerts are a common sight), and among many other issues related to power management, it’s something I really hope is behind us with the AMD boards.

I’ve been checking-in and searching Google and the forums for “framework amd shipping update” and all sorts of other permutations, and can’t find a single scrap of information (except from LTT and vague gestures in some forum replies) anywhere.

1 Like

It should’ve told you in the configurator when you purchased. I believe it will also say in your purchase history and the confirmation email you got immediately after purchase. In terms of knowing your status, Framework will send you emails at various steps along the way, which should’ve been outlined in the first “confirmation” email.

1 Like

@Matt_Falcon Right here mate.

2 Likes

@Matt_Falcon FWIW, you should reach out to support to confirm, but those power surge errors seem to be related to the RTC battery charge issues on 11th gen boards and require a mainboard reset. I had to replace the RTC battery to get the power surge notifications to stop, it’s been working fine since. Yes, it is a frustrating design flaw.

1 Like

Well dang. Yep, same on mine. Batch 1, woo :tada:

Sure enough, my initial Framework laptop order doesn’t show that line though. Seems to come and go, I guess.

Guess I’ll need to dig into that RTC issue. I’d heard about it, but it’s been inconclusive and when I read about it, it was kinda “maybe” and fixed for the newer batches (which I am). I’m not the sort of person to contact support for anything (90% of the time, it just results in frustration). But I guess I’ll give it a go.

Batch 1! I’m so excited! I’ve wanted a framework for years but couldn’t ever justify it. I’ll be upgrading from my 2012 Macbook Air (go ahead and laugh).

4 Likes

Super excited to be part of batch 1! Though I think the wait is absolutely killing me seeing all these deals now pop up for other 7940HS / 7840U laptops.

I’m super excited for it! I’m on a 11th gen i7 right now and I think anything at this point will have better battery life

1 Like

I was so annoyed with my expensive af Dell XPS 2in1, which has a broken Mainboard now, which you can not even buy from Dell, if you want to… or even a CMOS Battery…
But early Q3 is half through, I wonder when the device will appear here. :wink:

1 Like

If you were hitting “Order” a few hundred times like I was when orders opened, you might want to reach out to Support to restore it to your account. I had a pre-order get lost in the clicking, it charged the deposit to my card but didn’t appear in my account. My statement had the order reference number on it though, which was helpful.

I’m so ready guys. every time I get an email I’m hoping it’s the one.

For those of you doing DIY, I was able to snag a Crucial P3 Plus 4TB PCIe Gen4 for $177 and Crucial RAM 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz for $72 during Prime day. Amazon still has them at those prices. I figure it would be hard to beat that price before my computer comes.

2 Likes

As for me I found a Samsung 990 Pro MZ-V9P2T0BW 2To for 139€. Not bad !
Also a tomtoc 360° sleeve as discusted in another thread for 25€.
I can’t wait to receive my FW13 <3

@Michael_Polsinelli I’m in aus and checked Amazon for that ram. I’m not very familiar with ram so I just ordered it through framework, but is this the kit you’re talking about? https://www.amazon.com.au/Crucial-5600MHz-5200MHz-4800MHz-CT2K16G56C46S5/dp/B0BLTDRRLF/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1RKDZB5A9CING&keywords=Crucial+RAM+32GB+Kit+(2x16GB)+DDR5+5600MHz&qid=1689160436&sprefix=crucial+ram+32gb+kit+2x16gb+ddr5+5600mhz%2Caps%2C258&sr=8-3

if so I will 100% just order this, it’s $9 more than the 16gb kit I ordered from framework, I’ll just take it off my preorder.

Have you also found any single 32GB DDR5 So-Dimm 5600mhz Module on Amazon (which is also reduced)? Could only find the 2x16gb one but I might want to upgrade to 64gb later…

@demounit Sorry I didn’t respond. I’ve been really busy today. Yes that’s the kit. Crucial is a well-known, solid performer in the USA. Nothing fancy or special, just a solid performer.

1 Like

@LukasHeiligenbrunner I’m sorry, I didn’t really look. I’m not seeing anything right now.

1 Like