Any news on reducing the extortionate shipping costs?

Maybe switching to a non express shipping would help reducing the price (for those who can wait a little bit more than the express one) before Framework comes with a better solution in the future ?
Anyway thank you for the feedback :+1:

There isn’t a viable option and after looking into potential available alternatives, it did not make a meaningful difference in pricing. This is a priority that we’re working on behind the scenes, but we can’t and won’t communicate status until we are confident in a greenlight and realistic timelines.

7 Likes

You don’t have to use Amazon, there are other fulfillment providers like Monta for example. If I were Framework, I would use this for a smaller test market like maybe Danmark and see how it goes.

1 Like

A data point from me:

• currently shipping costs for a 61Wh battery would be €12 (to Germany), which seem quite reasonable to me. (it just says “standard shipping”, so perhaps they set up their Europe hub after all)

An opinion from me:

• I just now noticed that my laptop is being shipped by plane, and also via a quite complex route, from Taiwan to China, then India, then Dubai, France, …
    I would have liked to have been given the option to select shipping by boat, given that it’s over 10% of the carbon footprint of the laptop. I hope this becomes available soon, esp for the more heavy items.
1 Like

Yes, this is the case. It was set up in early October, although the announcement was buried in a blog post about the AMD machines.