Are AMD Mendocino options, coming soon?

Are AMD Mendocino options, coming soon?

Being the better than the Steam Deck APU a great affordable solution, for gaming laptops (and that mind cheaper and better for general tasks too, and cheaper and better than Intel ones) …

Will you design AMD motherboards for your excellent case?
And in this case offer them with Steam OS (if it is freely available then) pre-installed.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Framework seems to be very hesitant to provide a detailed road map. Given the interest in AMD, I would expect they’re working on it, but I understand from the WAN show that it is probably very difficult to get allocation from AMD, while Intel is a lot easier to get.

An AMD option will be there when it is ready. I hope it is soon, but I doubt it. They will post on this forum when they do, so I can only tell you to keep lurking around like me.

4 Likes

Here’s the clip from this week’s WAN Show that @kippie_koppie is likely referencing.

2 Likes

Exactly, AMD has their hands tied up in other areas such as Steam Deck. And let us not forget there is still tight constraints on the supply chain. It’s getting better but it’s still not great. Until the industry (mainly AMD) can catch up, I think FW will be purchasing from Intel.

It’ll be nice to see an AMD deal inked out which hopefully would make it a cheaper option as well. Cheaper, Better Performance, Less Energy Usage. Those all look like things that fall into line with FW’s mission.

4 Likes