Batch 1 of Framework Laptop 13 (AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series) Refresh

My laptop is on its way! Batch 1 is shipped

4 Likes

Any news about Core Ultra batch 1?

We haven’t sent the batch processing emails yet, but the press reviews are up today!!

3 Likes

I couldn’t find any. Can you share a link please?

Just two from the top of the search results:

Hoping to get mine here before September, was gonna take it on a trip then.

3 Likes

I bought my AMD framework in February, but i did order the new screen in Batch 1, and it shipped out yesterday. So the new screens are shipping and I imagine the new laptops with the screens aren’t far behind.

1 Like

Mine has just shipped too! :smiley:

2 Likes

still waiting for my screen to ship. where are you guys from? i’m in aus. hoping it ships soon! i’ve been charged days ago.

I’m in Aus as well. Looks like mine is currently in the air between Hong Kong and Sydney.

2 Likes

woo I just got shipping notification
says it will come by Monday
I’m so excited to see some nice photos and videos of the new screen, I’m really overly excited for it haha

2 Likes

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Germany), but FedEx says it’s going to be delivered today. I‘m very exited and will share first impressions.

2 Likes

It arrived but it’s a quite sad story. Be very careful with the display cable. Mine was routed the wrong way apparently. I followed the instructions carefully but the bezel got stuck on the cable and broke when I moved the screen upwards. What a sad start :weary:

Now I have a new laptop that can’t be opened/closed. I reached out to the customer support and hope they will send me a bezel replacement.

4 Likes

Oh no! that’s super unfortunate :frowning:

My screen arrived yesterday in Alaska. IT’s much brighter than the old one for sure, and the rounded corners on the top aren’t really noticeable unless you spend time staring at the top corners of your screen. I’m not a great judge of color accuracy compared to the old screen but it seems ok.

2 Likes

Other than the Bezel Problem the Laptop is great. I got Fedora installed, the finger print reader works, gestures are great, the screen looks amazing and like @Alaskan_Guy I never noticed the rounded corners.

1 Like

Nice wallpaper! Thanks for sharing!

Your Welcome! I took that one last month at our Arctic Thunder Airshow. I did the Photo
editing on the framework, but using an Omen 2k monitor and not the built in display. Here is another one I took of the F22 demo. I’m hoping the new screen is accurate enough I can do editing away from home and have it look good. I really should get a calibrated monitor to do this better I think.

2 Likes

Mine was exactly the same. The cable/ribbon connector on the new display differs slightly, but it needs to be routed per the guide:

(Off topic, but I chose an International English - Linux keyboard and the serif “I” (bars top/bottom) stood out to me:

Flipping through a few other layouts has the same e.g. Danish).

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing the picture!
The framework support was great and was willing to send me a replacement Bezel.

Otherwise I’m really enjoying the laptop. I installed Steam and the heroic Games Launcher and will see how it is in terms of Gaming Performance.

Here is the guide the support suggests for routing the cable:

„ We have a guide that walks you through replacing the Framework Bezel located here:

2 Likes

The F22 has been my favorite since I was a kid. I couldn’t care less about the others. It’s F22 Raptor or die for me. Haha

Those are awesome pictures! DM me a link to your page if you post somewhere. I’m a hobbyist photographer that isn’t very good but enjoys trying. I’ve been shooting a lot of film the past 2 years but that is about to end due to my new job. I just don’t have the time/space.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

1 Like