Framework Laptop 16 Batch Shipment Chart

On that note, my pre-order now says:
Free Shipping: Batch 17 - Ships May

5 Likes

That’s good, because I didn’t read it. But I’m very excited! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, Twig. You’re my top news source these days… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m almost afraid that my FW16 will get to me too soon! If I get an email Monday, and then charged a day or two later, and ships within a day or so, I’m afraid I might get it when I’m actually not home! I’m gone all next week until Friday night. The only time I’ve ever wanted something to be a few days delayed, lol. I’ll probably be fine, get my prep email mid/late next week, which means the following week I’ll get it.

1 Like

Me too

So batch-batch-delta is time between batches correct? So latest trend is new batch every 4 days… eek

B16 could come way quicker than I expected… meaning I need to pick up the pace playing with distros and make a damn decision lol

2 Likes

As far as I know, they will keep it at a shop for 5 days, so you can get it there. If you need more time, you should open an account and tell them to deliver it at a specified date, it will stay at a hub for the time being, but longer than 5 days if necessary.

2 Likes

No way I’ll happily have it sooner so I can sit and stare at it lol

That was an answer to Aaron_Baff :wink: If you’re at home, while it arrives, congratulations to your new repairable notebook :smiley:

2 Likes

oops trigger fingers :sweat_smile:

Yeah, if I get shipping notification I’ll pay the money (seriously UPS/FedEx, ugh) to get them to hold a day or two, or specifically deliver when I’m at home.

1 Like

Anyone who has theirs, what shipping company was used? A variety? Or do they seem to be using just one?

1 Like

I think they oniy use FedEx.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! Mine is batch 15 and says that too. I hadn’t checked for a few days, and I’m really excited :grin:

1 Like

I think you’re probably right that they ship out using FedEx, but local delivery can still vary. For example here in Australia a lot of the courier companies seem to have agreements with AusPost for last mile delivery.

1 Like

Hey Comrade_Stiv
Elevated Systems posted a YouTube video reviewing 4 alternate distros:

DISTRO - Desktop
1 Linux Mint - Cinnamon
2 Pop!_OS - Gnome
3 Arch Based:
- Garuda - KDE dragonize
- Arco - xfce

So there might be some community interest in your findings regarding linux distro comparisons and decision.

Do we have a “Adventures with Alternate Distros” blog ? :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d also be interested if there was a
“Multiple Boot Fun” blog :grinning:
and a
blog for “Grub Rescue Escapades” :smiley:

5 Likes

Batch 9 Based in the UK

Prep Email: April 5th
Dispatched: April 16th
Arrived: April 19th

Now to assemble… After some errands :joy:

2 Likes

Where does it say this for you?

1 Like

Login on the frame.work site, go to your account summary and click on view order.

1 Like

thank you, i thought so. im batch 18 so no change there yet so i was hopeful

1 Like