Framework Laptop 16 Batch Shipment Chart

UPDATE 4-4-2024: Batch 8 Cards Charged

With the recent earthquake in Taiwan, this is a good sign from Framework that everyone is safe and they’ve got their factory back in business for production. Batch 8 should be expecting shipping emails and tracking numbers soon, with arrivals just around the corner!

Deltas Chart

The deltas are fairly stable now, Framework’s got their stuff going smoothly. No change to the average deltas since last update.

Average Email-Card Delta: 4.1
Average Card-Arrival Delta: 3.3

9 Likes

So when do you think the other batches are going to arrive?

1 Like

Just got my batch prep email for batch 9!!!

3 Likes

Also got my batch 9 prep email

I think the earthquake probably delayed things by possibly 1 day which is incredible considering how bad it was.

2 Likes

Same here!

1 Like

UPDATE 4-5-2024: Batch 9 Emails Sent

Batch 9 just got their preparation emails today, now it’s the waiting game for them! I’ve also started graphing the batch-to-batch timing on the Deltas Chart (counting days from batch N-1 to batch N prep emails), so we can better see those intervals. Besides the two outliers early in production, FW has recently been keeping stable on the 5 business days interval they targeted in the eighth shipment update.

Deltas Chart

The overlapping trendlines from the last graph are fixed thanks to batch 9 pulling down the prep email line with only 5 days between batch 8’s email and batch 9’s email. The new batch-batch delta has a downward turn at the end, but that’s an artifact of the moving average letting go of the delta from batch 6.

Average Card-Arrival Delta: 3.3

14 Likes

Glad to see the inflection point! Order fulfillment is accelerated!

1 Like

Batch 10 here, getting hyped because i’ll probably receive the Email next week.
Cant wait to get my hands on my own FW16.

4 Likes

Just posted my weekly summary on Reddit, and I’ve got a little prediction for future batches: If the timings stay consistent, the current batch live on the FW16 order page, batch 19, could be getting their prep emails near the start of June!

12 Likes

Next email and next week at home?

I like it that the chart shows you will be charged before the preperation email after batch 13.

7 Likes

“We’re taking your money and not telling you why for a few days, but you’ll know. And you’ll be happy.”

17 Likes

Yeah, that leaves me (batch 13) just a few minutes to transfer some money from my savings account, after the mail arrives.

1 Like

Batch 8 getting shipping emails

3 Likes

Based on this data it looks like it’ll be ramping up faster still, but I guess we’ll need to wait for people to get their laptops from 10-12 to get a better idea for later batches. It’s going to be close for me in batch 18 to get it before the last week of may, likely won’t happen, but I’m hoping.

1 Like

Well, based on the charts around it looks like batch 12 will get the prayer email, I mean preparation email at the end of April, so you be in with a chance for the end of May.

1 Like

Annnd I’m uncharacteristically super ok with that

1 Like

UPDATE 4-10-2024: Batch 8 Early Arrival & Batch 10 Prep Email

A few people got their batch 8 laptops yesterday with surprisingly fast shipping, hopefully the rest of the laptops arrive soon! Batch 10 also just got their batch preparation emails today!

Deltas Chart

This delta was 4 days, so the average card-arrival delta has been pulled up by one point.

Average Card-Arrival Delta: 3.4

7 Likes

Hopefully batch 10 getting prep emails means those of us in batch 9 will get charged/shipped soon. I’m checking my bank account like crazy for the charge. Anticipation is killing me.

3 Likes

I am in Batch 10 and just discovered this marvelous thread after getting the Heads-up email. I wish that I had seen it sooner, but thanks for your work @TwigGlenn4 !

1 Like