Better Expansion Cards

Why? The framework laptop is not pre-production kit. It’s readily available for the general market. I’m a validation person. I know next to nothing about hardware design.

I do know that closed-source, planned obsolescence is drowning our planet (and children) in toxic waste. I do know how to recondition electronics such as laptops.

What you think might be terrifying in your head… is just in your head.

Yeah I don’t think you got what I was getting at. Doesn’t matter. But I wish the folks wanting a artisanal coffee grinder and trouser press expansion card the best of luck. :rofl:

6 Likes

Well people can come up with all the cool ideas they want, and I’d argue that’s a good thing. Intentionally limiting the ideas phase of development is a recipe for stagnation, and even if something wouldn’t work, who cares? That just means it won’t be implemented for now, but perhaps it can be in the future (coffee bean grinder notwithstanding). Maybe in the future people can create slightly extruding expansion cards for these multi-USB or multi-HDMI modules or whatnot. Calling out people sharing concepts and ideas they find cool just appears kind of rude, even if that wasn’t your intention. It keeps people from sharing their ideas, and that’s not harming anyone is it?

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I get what you are saying and generally agree with you. The idea is about control. Sure people may feel they cannot share their ideas for fear of being ridiculed, and this could be seen as a path to kill of an idea that some would appreciate. Equally some ideas I would rather not even think about and if I do have the option to express them whereas some people may find them useful others may find them upsetting.

So whereas my self expression may not harm anyone, that doesn’t mean people don’t feel ‘harmed’ and suffer just from seeing me walk down the street, even before I open my mouth.
:hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

Uhhhhh, I mean I was talking about sharing ideas for expansion cards for a computer, not anything essential or controversial, sooooo I agree generally, it just doesn’t seem to fit in the context of this post

1 Like

It’s called brainstorming, a well known business tool to generate ideas for products, practical, or not.

3 Likes