BIOS guide

There is! Now I need to go find the script that enables that feature…

Edit: Found it

2 Likes

Hi, there,
Thanks, but I’m on Windows.
Do you know of a solution on this OS?
Thank you,

@Gaillard_Jean-Michel I don’t know of one off the top of my head but examining how the script mentioned works would be a good place to start and see if any other programs expose similar functionality

I added Framework Laptop 13 (AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series) to the first comment on this thread.

1 Like

Hi, Framework Laptop (FL) 13 AMD Batch 1 folks who are already using Fedora 39 or Ubuntu on FL 13 AMD, can you share the results of the following dmidecode commands?

If you are using Fedora 39, you can install the dmidecode command by the following command.

$ sudo dnf install dmidecode

Then you can print the BIOS vendor and version by the following commands.

$ sudo dmidecode -s bios-vendor
$ sudo dmidecode -s bios-version

F39 prerelease running 6.5.6-300.fc39.x86_64:

Vendor: INSYDE Corp.
Version: 03.02
Release Date: 09/27/2023
Address: 0xE0000

product: AMD Ryzen 5 7640U w/ Radeon 760M Graphics
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
physical id: 4
bus info: cpu@0
version: 25.116.1
2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the result from the sudo dmidecode! The BIOS is InsydeH2O UEFI BIOS, right? I think you can check it on the BIOS page before booting OS.

yw! Looks different from screenshots I’ve seen before, but identifies as H2O:

1 Like

All right. Thanks!

I think the "3.03’ written in the following document is wrong. I have never seen the 3.03 yet. It should be “3.02” for now.

Download: No New BIOS at this time. The Factory-Installed BIOS (3.03) is the latest version

@GhostLegion I know the thread. I don’t understand what your intent is. The 3.03 is mentioned as planed. I meant I have never seen the “released” 3.03 publicly yet. I have seen that Framework usually adds the BIOS version to the knowledge base after they release a new version BIOS or after removing the beta status.

@junaruga 3.03 is shipped on Batch 2 and 3 orders, its publicly released already or will be shortly.

Hello, anyone who already got the Framework Laptop 13 AMD as Batch 2, and is running Linux on it, could you share the result by the following command to see the used BIOS version?

$ sudo dmidecode -s bios-version

It seems that the AMD Batch 2’s BIOS version is still 3.02.

Just wondering, I got a batch 2 mainboard 2 days ago and it has 3.02. Should I update to 3.03 now or wait until the official release?

3.03 Beta still hasn’t released, but when it does the answer would be that you can upgrade to it if you are willing to beta test the new BIOS, but if any potential issues would be a deal breaker, it would be best to wait until after it is out of beta.

Thanks! I will keep an eye out, I am willing to test and report back.

Awesome. You’ll want to be tracking the official thread for the 3.03 BIOS here

1 Like

I added Framework Laptop 13 AMD BIOS 3.03 downloading page link to the first comment.

2 Likes