AMD Batch 2 Guild

shipped!
due Thursday :grin:

1 Like

@telan & @Yammikins
Did you change your payment method just on your account or in the order too? My guess, you forget to change it on your order.

bruh I’m in batch 2 and haven’t even been charged, what is going on.

1 Like

Framework has said that batches aren’t the only factor when it comes to the shipping order. No order will ship until all parts of the order are ready. They won’t send orders in multiple shipments. So the specific configuration may effect when something ships. For instance, if all the stuff for certain orders in a batch are ready, they may start shipping, even if some orders from an earlier batch aren’t able to ship yet because they are waiting on something. In other words, they won’t arbitrarily hold up a later batch, just because all orders of a previous batch haven’t shipped yet.

Ryzen 7 Batch 2 out for delivery today! It was scheduled to be delivered next week, looking forward to setup everything today!

Early Batch 2, Ryzen 7 here (shipped yesterday). I just got an email from Framework regarding this (titled “Installing an Operating System on your new Framework Laptop DIY Edition”):

Linux
The version 3.02 BIOS that ships on your laptop has issues with certain kernel versions. This is resolved in 3.03, which will be available as a Beta release soon. In the meantime to get started, you can follow our guides to get set up with distros that work on both 3.02 and 3.03:

I did not get the laptop to verify this, yet, though, so take this info with a grain of salt. Will report back once I have the laptop here.

4 Likes

ohhhhh makes sense. Didn’t think of that. Thanks!

2 Likes

I didn’t know changing it on the order was needed; I thought changing on the account would have been all that was needed. The email made it seem that way.

Also. got my shipment notification. Due Monday!

I hesitate to tag the CEO here, and for the other people we’ve seen in these threads it doesn’t seem to be on topic, but is there perhaps some way to communicate to Framework that this is a stupid UI decision and somebody needs to unstupid it? I understand these things can be surprisingly difficult to recognize when you’ve been working on the system for a long time, but still, it demonstrably confuses people and their confusion seems very understandable to me.

1 Like

Whoa…um… Mine just arrived 20 mins ago. Originally scheduled for the 23rd. When my partner told me she had it I was in the bathroom and literally screamed “What!!!” then “NANI!”.

This was a couple of minutes after I saw the tracking notification that it was already in my city and on a truck for delivery. :rofl: :joy:

9 Likes

About the billing, I filled a support ticket last week, in which the response was it should all be fine, and escalated it this week when it was not fine, they have forwarded it to the appropriate team and are looking into it, and I referenced the reports here.

For those yet to be charged, to clarify what is happening, the original payment method is probably showing for you on the preorder page despite your updates to the payment methods page, whatever is on the preorder page will be charged, however if it fails, you will get an email to complete your payment with a link to a form that successfully updates your payment method.

2 Likes

It says that changing your default payment method changes the payment method for all unpaid preorders, which I’ve done and it seems they’ve done. Despite changing my default payment method and removing the unwanted method from my account, it still shows when I select my order. Viewing my account overview does show the correct payment method as default, but not on my preorder.

2 Likes

1 Like

My preorder came in, and I quickly put it together to test.
Appears to work fine, but I won’t have too much time to play with it further.

Preordered on 2023-03-24. Received on 2023-10-20.

Swapped out the WiFi card with an AX200 I had lying around, just because. No need to inject drivers for this one, since it’s kind of old already.

Crucial CT2K16G56C46S5 (kit of two 16GB SO-DIMMs). No problems at all. Remember, one side goes in upside down.

Put USB-C passthrough cards in all 4 slots. I didn’t order any other USB or display cards. The only other card I bought is the ethernet one.

Anker USB-A female to USB-C male adapters worked perfectly with an old USB flash memory stick:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HZ6PS61/

Yes, it’s Windows 10. Let us not talk about this further.
You can see lots of things in the attached HWiNFO64 screenshot, like BIOS version (03.02), memory info, etc.

3 Likes

some of yall already got your laptops and some of us haven’t even gotten charged :sob:

5 Likes

Got mine today, also a March 24th order. Seems pretty nice so far; recognized the 5600mhz crucial RAM I got without issue.

2 Likes

Ryzen 7 DIY ordered 1st of April more or less patiently waiting to get charged

I was a few days before, and ditto :slight_smile: Should be no more than a couple of weeks now, hopefully.

it seems to take a circuitous route… 36 hours to get back to a previous location… hope FedEx remembers where Australia is…

Saturday, 21/10/23
12:08 AM
On the way
ANGELES CITY PH
2:02 AM
Arrived at FedEx hub
GUANGZHOU CN
6:34 AM
On the way
GUANGZHOU CN
Sunday, 22/10/23
4:52 AM
Departed FedEx hub
GUANGZHOU CN
6:38 AM
On the way
GUANGZHOU CN
10:26 PM
On the way
ANGELES CITY PH

1 Like

Happy to report that despite the (visual only?) bug with payment methods, I was charged to the right card today.

1 Like