Can we have a bezel with internal round corners?

This has been mentioned in another topic about the new Ultra 13" and does make sense.

FYI Frameworkā€™s CEO stated that they decided against doing that.

2 Likes

Panel fragmentation vs bezel fragmentation. The panel provides a functional improvement, whereas bezel wouldnā€™t. I guess.

1 Like

It would provide the benefit of making me happy :slight_smile: Perhaps other customers too. I know Iā€™m just one customer, but I think it would go a long way to making the fit and finish closer to that of other manufacturers.

Having a rectangular bezel that lets you see the rounded display is very obvious and looks pretty bad. Framework could keep 99% of the bezel the same, just a different mould.

Hi and welcome.

This has been discussed. The main issue would seem to be that the screen is only a temp solution and one without rounded corners should be around the corner and even if not soon: the creation of a new mold would cost a bit ?? and then how many bezels to make ?? ~ for what may be a temp use of a rounded corner screen.

If it is really an eyesore Iā€™m sure a user can modify the bezel by adding bits.

See other posts etc.