Changing Manjaro Kernel Params to permanently enable deep sleep?

Hey All,

I’m part of the batch 5 DIY edition - i5/16GB dual channel/500GB WD SN750. I’m currently running Manjaro KDE edition, on Linux Kernel 5.13.19-2.

I’m following the arch wiki entry for framework battery configuration as detailed here. I’m able to modify the suspend from s2idle to deep for a given instance. But when I shut my laptop down and turn it on again, it reverts to s2idle. The wiki recommends modifying kernel parameters, but my knowledge of Arch unfortunately doesn’t extend to knowing how to do that. I can’t find the instructions on the thread on Linux Battery Tuning either.

Could anyone point me to how I could go about modifying the kernel parameters, or resources that could help me understand what they are and how to modify them to make the “deep” suspend variant the default?

Many thanks!

1 Like

@Vishwanath_E.V.S - I think that the following will work.

Open /etc/default/grub and add mem_sleep_default=deep to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT then run update-grub

Example:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash mem_sleep_default=deep"

From step 6 here:

2 Likes

Thanks so much @lbkNhubert! Will try over the weekend after some business critical tasks are completed and update here on how it goes!