Computer keeps turning off

My Framework 16 keeps turning off while I am playing a game. I opened it up and have two red lights blinking on either side.

What does this mean?

2 Likes

Hi there! I’m looking at the picture you provided. According to other community posts, a constant flashing red light on your framework means that your laptop is still powered on and running. Some more information about your situation would be helpful in identifying the exact issue. What game are you playing? Have you checked for Windows updates recently? When your PC turns off, does the light on the power button/fingerprint reader go off too, or does it remain illuminated?

Thanks!

1 Like

The game is House Flipper on Steam. I have not checked for an update to Windows yet. The screen goes black and the power button/fingerprint reader goes off as well.

Hi @Pamela_Poulin,

I though the red lights come on when the laptop sees the midplate and input modules are missing unless they have been disabled in the BIOS.

If your machine is just suddenly shutting off you should contact support so they can walk you through some troubleshooting steps. We can provide some assistance here in the forums; support has ALL the tools to help figure out what is going on. :white_check_mark:

You might try just going into Windows and running a tool like HWINFO to see what the temperatures are like at startup and idle. If you can play your game in a window and they skyrocket over 100C and keep climbing then it could be a thermal issue. The embedded controller will hard-shutdown in a few cases to protect the device if it sees a critical fault.

Let us know how it turns out. :grin:

2 Likes

It has stopped doing it now and is working fine. It may have been just a bit too hot.

What OS are you using? You might want to check error logs to see what it’s reporting,