Doubts keyboard, cooling… Rgb keyboard for other countries?

First of all, I don’t understand why there is no RGB keyboard option for countries like Spain or Italy. Will they be added in the future?

Secondly, RGB Clear ANSI allows you to configure keyboards from any country, whether German, Spanish or Italian. Is the English keyboard limited?

Third, when will we be able to know if the equipment is noisy when playing, if the cooling is good, the temperatures it has…

Not certain I understand these questions.

If you are talking about spanish language and italian language RGB keyboards, Framework said they will consider adding additional language RGB keyboards if they see enough demand. There are costs involved with creating and stocking additional items, overhead in keeping stock at fulfillment centers. RGB in every language would be a lot of additional keyboards. Where there is demand / enough sales, they may do it. In the meantime, you can get RGB Clear ANSI and apply keyboard stickers in the language you want. If I recall, keyshorts.com said their stickers can let backlights shine though. I’d ask them to confirm.

The operating system controls what language your keyboard is set to. You can change it to any language you want on any computer.

And you can get keyboard stickers that show multiple languages at the same time. Keycap stickers for the clearcap options - #2 by MJ1
Many people do that.

Did I understand your questions correctly?

3 Likes

Framework need to offer an ISO RGB keyboard if they’re at all serious about offering them in Europe.

If Framework didn’t care about other countries, they wouldn’t have 17 different keyboard options. Let’s be honest, RGB is rarely more than a novelty. If anyone really must have it, now, they can live with the ANSI enter key for a while. If and when other RGB keyboards are available, they can swap one in more quickly than any other laptop in existence. Or just wait until the keyboard you want is available before buying a Framework-16. Given the crazy popularity of the Framework-16, good chance more options will come, in time.

6 Likes

Does anyone know where you can buy these key stickers in Europe?

keyshorts?

We directly ship to the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, all EU countries, Japan, South Korea and a few others. We also accept orders from certain other countries, with delivery to mail forwarder warehouse.

Payments, Shipping & Returns | Keyshorts

1 Like

There appears to have been some misunderstanding. My comments are as regards the RGB keyboard only, not a comment on the multitude of non-RGB language options already available.

An ISO RGB is the base layout for that vast majority of language variations used in Europe and Scandinavia.

Here is the answer from Sebastian Kończak from Keyshorts (.berlin, the german site), to my question if they could make tranparent red keycaps/stickers.
Via DeepL:

Hello!

Thank you for the message.
Unfortunately, we cannot add a colour and keep the
backlight at the same time. To ensure 100% backlighting, you should use plain transparent stickers.

For stickers with a black background, we leave the symbol
and letter area unprinted. They are white, but not transparent.
They allow you to retain about 50% of the backlighting, but this is not
guaranteed.

In the past we have tried to produce black stickers on a
transparent film. Unfortunately, the end result was not
satisfactory and we do not even sell such products for
custom-made products.

Our most recent customers, who also use Framework laptops,
order transparent stickers with letters printed in the middle
and stick them on a blank keyboard. We recommend that. You
can order such a set here:

Here was a Link, I’m not sure I’m allowed to post, but with the name alone you should find the shop.

*four edits, because somehow after adding blockquotes, some words were doubled.

I highly doubt that ISO RGB is the base layout for the vast majority of keyboards, given the fact that the vast majority of computers are used in business, and RGB is a frivolous feature that adds expense but no utility to business use, in Europe and the rest of the world.

ISO for sure. RGB is mostly for gamers - who are nowhere near the vast majority of computer users.

I’m hoping your completely misunderstood that for comedic effect. :rofl:

You can post links to non-Framework products and sellers.

So if I buy the RGB clear ansi keyboard, it will have the key configuration of my country directly, that is, it will be in the same language as my Windows???

What is the best place to buy key stickers and, if possible, not hide the lighting too much?

As per this post: