EndeavourOS on the Framework Laptop

I have been using EndeavourOS on my framework for a couple of months and have gotten it to a stable state with the follwoing config.

Works out of the box
:white_check_mark: Wifi
:white_check_mark: Touchpad (without gestures)
:white_check_mark: Keyboard

Works with some configuration
:ballot_box_with_check: Audio

:ballot_box_with_check: Bluetooth

• Install bluez $yay -S bluez
  • install bluez-utils $yay -S bluez-utils

:ballot_box_with_check: Fingerprint reader

• Install fprintd: $yay -S fprintd
  • Enroll fingerprints: $fprintd-enroll
  • Use fingerprint to log in: edit the appropriate pam config files in /etc/pam.d Fprint Arch Wiki
  • If you have another OS with enrolled fingerprints or you manually delete the saved fingerprints folder in fprintd, you will need to run a script to get the reader to work again: Clear fingerprint scan artifacts (Google Drive Link)

:ballot_box_with_check: Touchpad Gestures

:ballot_box_with_check: Laptop Lid Action (Sleeping and hibernating on lid close)

• A glitch in the upower package prevents the OS from recognizing the laptop lid state. Because of this, the sleep on lid close action in power management settings disapears. This can be fixed by uninstalling upower and installing the git version: Downgrade upower

Notes
When installing EndeavourOS on the Framework Laptop, you will probably need to scale the windows using the EndeavourOS installation tools. For some reason lowering the scale factor increases the size and vice versa.

5 Likes

Laptop Lid Action (Sleeping and hibernating on lid close)

• A glitch in the upower package prevents the OS from recognizing the laptop lid state. Because of this, the sleep on lid close action in power management settings disapears. This can be fixed by uninstalling upower and installing the git version: Downgrade upower

I had this issue until the latest update of upower to 0.99.16-2

Works fine now and sleeps on lid close. Are you still having this issue?

1 Like