Expansion Expansion card port

So many people really want a dual port expansion card for usb-c, or usb-a. While those might be possible, something I was thinking of was like a usb hub but for expansion cards. I’m not much of an electrical engineer, but I don’t think this would be too hard, especially if we can have a bit more space in the expansion hub right?

1 Like

Wasn’t letting me edit, gave me error 500, so I did this as a reply

Edit: to explain the idea further, I was think that one expansion card slot on the computer could be used for two expansion cards

Not actually plugged directly into the laptop, but I have seen somewhere in one of the expansion card threads that someone was musing about building an external enclosure to plug multiple expansion cards into, almost like a USB dock.

1 Like

Yeah that is what I was thinking

Would be possible, maybe I could attempt to make a hub station.

1 Like

Are the Expansion Slots Set to be Hot swappable by default for the storage Expansion Card, like a USB, or are the set by default to be more like internal storage?

@Skyline1029 They are essentially a flash drive.

Are the Expansion Slots Set to be Hot swappable by default for the storage Expansion Card, like a USB, or are the set by default to be more like internal storage?

Good to know. I figured but wanted to double-check because they did talk about using it as a boot for Chrome OS.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it honestly sounds like your talking about this pre-existing discussion: