[Feature Request] Driver bundle that can be installed with DISM

I’m getting ready to roll out a Windows image to my new DIY edition (batch 3 represent!) but I’d like to install the drivers before I do. Typically, this is accomplished with either dism or the DISM PowerShell commandlets.

Given that the driver bundle is an executable, this poses somewhat of a challenge. Since it can’t get at the drivers embedded in the installer, DISM isn’t able to service them into the image.

Would it be possible for Framework to release the driver bundle executable side-by-side with an archive of the drivers inside it? I know that things like the stock power profile and other “run-time” configuration tweaks wouldn’t be installable like this, but I suspect that a similar process is used for image mastering on the prebuilt side and that DIYers wouldn’t have too much trouble replicating it. :slight_smile:

EDIT: It looks like it’s a 7-zip SFX! Even better–however, some of the drivers inside it are separate non-SFX executables.

5 Likes

I know this is an old post, but want to post the files I have for the next person, I can only assist with Intel Gen 12 as that is what I have.

These drivers are straight after a fresh windows installation and installing the driver pack with no network connection or windows updates that could expand the number of files, I used the below command

dism /online /export-driver /destination:C:\temp\Drivers

Hopefully by posting this others will also do the same so we can update our Windows Install ISO/Repair ISOs with the necessary drivers for repair

And just wanted to add it works pretty well, a working mouse out of the box

2 Likes

I managed to extract the recently updated Framework 16 drivers, so we can all update our Windows ISO’s to support it out of the box

This is obviously not tested, but should work without issue,

For anyone that wants a good tutorial on how this is done this guide is pretty good, just remember to update both indexes of boot.wim and the install wim index that you are going to be installing

2 Likes